Photo description: A student works in the glass studio
BGSU was one of the first glass programs in a University in the United States. The current Glass studio was constructed in 1991 in the Fine Arts Center and is centrally located on campus. The hot glass area was completely rebuilt in 2009 by Wet Dog Glass and has three complete work stations for blowing glass. The glass studio contains equipment for working with hot glass, kiln formed glass, lost wax glass casting, cutting and polishing glass and flameworking. The glass shop shares an outdoor working court yard with sculpture and ceramics.
- Hot Shop 1579 sq. ft.
- Cold Shop 781 sq. ft.
- Grad. Studio(2) 102 sq. ft.
- Grad Studio 378 sq. ft.
- Storage 355 sq. ft.
- Faculty Office 324 sq. ft.
- 3D Lecture/Work Rm 560 sq. ft.
- 2 Electric furnaces
- 3 Glory holes
- 3 large Annealing Kilns
- 2 large Kiln casting Kilns
- 1 Fusing Kiln
- 1 Color oven
- Steinert (2) 36"dia., variable speed
- Felker cut-off saw (2) 41-A, 41-AR, 14"
- Covington slab saw (1) 24" dia. diamond, continuous
- Diamond band saw (2) GS-100, GS-70
- Cutting lathe (2) Merker,Denver, stone&diamond
- Belt sander Somaca; 106", roller platen
- Flexible shaft Dumore
- 3 Diamond router(6) Wizard
- Sandblast cabinet pressure pot, vacuum
- Exhaust hood (3) Mold area, burn out
Updated: 06/09/2020 10:57AM