Equity and Compliance
The EEO/Compliance team monitors University compliance with federal and state equal opportunity and nondiscrimination laws and regulations. The Division of Diversity and Belonging will assist with monitoring institutional employment practices and procedures, as well as investigating and resolving discrimination and harassment complaints. The division conducts training programs and presentations on affirmative action, sexual and racial harassment, and a wide range of diversity programs and workshops in order to assure the most wholesome and productive learning and work environment for students, faculty, and staff.
Individuals who believe they have been unlawfully harassed or discriminated against are encouraged to contact the Office of Equity and Compliance at 419-372-4322 or Division of Diversity and Belonging office at: 419-372-7100.
EEO/Compliance is an essential component of BGSU's efforts to achieve and support a diverse university community where all are encouraged to succeed and where none are excluded from participation based on any irrelevant characteristics. Our goal, as we aspire to be the premier learning community in Ohio, and one of the best in the nation, is to assure a healthy and productive learning and working environment.
BGSU is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer/educator.
We strive to adhere to the Core Values of BGSU and share in the aspirations described in the BGSU Vision Statement
Education, Training, and Hiring Resources
- Non-Discrimination in Employment and Education Policy
- Title IX Policy
- Non-Title IX Sexual Harassment Policy
- Disability/Reasonable Accommodation Policy
- Code of Student Conduct Policy
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Ohio Civil Rights Commission Ohio Civil Rights Commission | Ohio.gov
- Office of Civil Rights (OCR)
- Department of Labor (DOL)
- Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP)
- US Department of Education (DOE), Office of Civil Rights
- Veterans Affairs (VA) VA.gov Home | Veterans Affairs
Applicable Laws and Executive Orders:
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990
- The Equal Pay Act of 1963
- Executive Order 11246: Equal Employment Opportunity, as amended
- Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009
- Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Section 503: Requires affirmative action and prohibits employment discrimination by Federal government contractors and subcontractors with contracts of more than $10,000.
- Section 504: States that "no qualified individual with a disability in the United States shall be excluded from, denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under" any program or activity that receives Federal financial assistance.
- Section 508: Requires Federal electronic and information technology to be accessible to people with disabilities, including employees and members of the public.
- Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974
- Discrimination Act of 1975
- Genetic Nondiscrimination Act of 2008
- Ohio Revised Code 4112
- Ohio Executive Order 2019-05D
- Ohio Executive Order 2022-06D
Affirmative Action Plan Information
Bowling Green State University is a federal contractor, as such, the Office of Equity and Compliance creates an annual Affirmative Action Plan for women and minorities in accordance with Executive Order 11246, as amended and Titles 41, 60-1, 60-2, 60-20 of the Code of Federal Regulations.
The Office of Equity and Compliance also creates an annual Affirmative Action Plan for individuals with disabilities (IWDs) and protected veterans in accordance with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 - Section 503 as amended and Titles 41, and 60-741of the Code of Federal Regulations. Also included in this plan is information regarding protected veterans in accordance with the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, Section 4212, as amended, and Title 41, Part 60-250 of the Code of Federal Regulations.
The Affirmative Action Plans are located in the Office of Equity and Compliance. For additional information regarding the Affirmative Action Plans, please contact of the Office of Equity and Compliance at 419-372-4322.
Updated: 11/09/2023 11:01AM