- Honors College members enjoy a lifelong commitment to engaged citizenship.
- Honors College members sharpen their critical thinking, allowing them to attain comfort with ambiguity, to cultivate innovation and curiosity, and to explore personal values.
- The Honors curriculum promotes collaborative work, creativity, and interdisciplinary studies that culminate in original scholarship in the completion of an Honors capstone project.
- Honors College students can expect to engage in leadership and professional development opportunities which lead to self-authorship.*
- Honors College Students work with faculty mentors who encourage them to become leaders in their respective professions and communities.
*Self-authorship is “the capacity to internally define a coherent belief system and identity that coordinates engagement in mutual relations with the larger world” (Baxter Magolda in Baxter Magolda & King, 2004, p. xxii).