No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination under any educational programs or activity receiving federal financial assistance. – From the preamble to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972.
Mission, Vision, and Priorities
The Office of Title IX at Bowling Green State University is committed to cultivating a campus environment free from harassment and sex and gender-based discrimination through reporting, education, prevention, response, and remediation.
The Office of Title IX at Bowling Green State University seeks to provide leadership pertaining to the Title IX regulations, state laws, and University policies, as well as develop and implement best practices for prevention, training, resources, and support services.
- Annual review of policy and procedures to ensure the alignment of Title IX compliance with the mission, vision, and priorities of the university
- Ongoing communication of student and employee rights and responsibilities under Title IX
- Sexual assault prevention education offered to first and second-year students
- Provide prompt and effective resolution to Title IX concerns
- Use yearly climate survey data to shape Title IX policies, procedures and practices as well as sexual assault prevention education and resources
Updated: 02/01/2024 12:14PM