Photo description: A student makes a clay jar on a pottery wheel. Several other jars sit on a table nearby.
Ceramics has a fully-equipped studio within the Fine Arts Center, with equipment for throwing and hand-building. The kiln yard includes soda, salt, and wood kilns constructed by students. The Glaze Lab is fully stocked with a complete inventory of raw materials.
- 6 Soldner kick wheels
- 2 Lockerbie kick wheels
- 1 Klopfenstein treadle wheel
- 10 Brent electric wheels
- Bailey extruder
- Bailey electric slab roller
- Soldner clay mixer
- Fluke pyrometer
- Chain saws, angle grinders, stick welder, rolling carts, scales, drill, etc.
- Students also have access to the School of Arts well-equipped woodshop.
- 18-cubic-foot Bailey downdraft kiln
- 90-cubic-foot downdraft gas kiln
- 5 Top-loading electric kilns
- 1 Fredrickson front-loading electric kiln
- 175-cubic-foot downdraft salt kiln
- 12-foot-long anagama-type wood kiln
- 85-cubic-foot crossdraft soda kiln
- 21-cubic-foot downdraft soda kiln
- The selection of atmospheric kilns (salt, soda, and anagama) affords students a special experience that can be found in very few Universities nationwide.
Updated: 05/01/2019 02:08PM