Graduate International Students Orientation
Your Next Steps to Prepare for Arrival to BGSU!
1. Register for Orientation
Once you have paid your I-901 SEVIS Fee, take a moment to reserve your spot for International Student Orientation! Registration for Orientation will open in early May.
2. Sign-up for the Airport Shuttle Services
Shuttles will be provided Tuesday, Jan. 2 and Wednesday, Jan. 3, 2024. Registration for the free airport shuttle services opens in early November. The deadline to register for this FREE airport shuttle service is 5 p.m. (EST) Wednesday, Aug. 9, 2023.
3. Complete your Falcon Health Documents
As a new international student you are required to enroll in student health insurance and complete an initial health screening. Complete the student health insurance forms online. Please complete these forms prior to your arrival to the BGSU campus. These forms are now available and the deadline to complete these forms is Monday, January 8, 2024.
4. Complete ESOL Placement Requirements
Graduate students must consult the following resources:
- Graduate college minimum requirements are available on the graduate tab of the placement testing website.
- Learn more about the additional classes and/or screening that may be required for international graduate students with instructional duties.
5. Complete the Immigration Basics online course
Prior to your arrival to campus, you will need to complete the "Immigration Basics" online course. This course will take you about one hour to complete. The deadline to complete this course is Friday, Jan. 5th, 2024.
6. Submit Your Immigration Documents Electronically
Upon arrival to campus, you will need to upload copies of your signed I-20, visa, passport and I-94. Failure to complete this form by Friday, August 18, 2023 may result in a delay of your SEVIS Registration.
This form will become available the week of August 7th and the deadline to complete this form is Friday, Aug. 18, 2023.
7. Update your local address and phone number on your BGSU Student Portal. Please follow these steps:
· Login to MyBGSU
· Click on Student Center
· Click your Profile
· Click on "Addresses"
· Update or Create an Address
8. Sign-up for for GA Contract Onboarding Appointment (Graduate Students with an Assistantship contract ONLY)
All new international students who have a contract to work as a graduate assistant (GA) are required to meet with BGSU’s Student Employment Services for an onboarding appointment to complete new hire paperwork.
Updated: 12/06/2023 02:12PM