Fraternity and Sorority Life
The Fraternity and Sorority Life Office builds a fraternal community through intentional relationships to empower and educate its students.
Advocate for a lifelong safe fraternal experience.
- Academic Excellence- Members to strive and commit to behaviors that will aid in educational achievement.
- Personal Responsibility- Members commit to harm reduction behaviors, safe organizational practices, and uphold standards and accountability processes.
- Public Good- Community leaders address community concerns through service and philanthropy for the greater public good.
- Positive Relationships- Members provide environments where students can cultivate close bonds with their chapters and the larger BGSU community.
- Membership Development- Community leaders positively contribute to the holistic development (mental, physical, and emotional) of chapters members throughout their membership experience.
Fraternity and Sorority Life Events
- An unrecognized fraternity or sorority is not associated with the university. These organizations and their members do not receive any support or advisement from the university.
In some cases, the university may have severed its relationship with these organizations due to concerns over the health and safety of our community (denoted by a *) or the organization is currently inactive on their own account. These unrecognized groups are listed below. Visit the Chapters page to view a list of recognized groups.
- College Panhellenic Conference
- Gamma Phi Beta
- Interfraternity Council
- Beta Theta Pi
- Delta Chi*
- Phi Delta Theta*
- Phi Gamma Delta (FIJI)*
- Phi Kappa Psi*
- Pi Kappa Alpha*
- Pi Kappa Phi
- Multicultural Greek Council
- Delta Lambda Phi
- Delta Xi Phi Multicultural Sorority, Inc.
- Gamma Rho Lambda
- Sigma Lambda Beta International Fraternity, Inc.
- National Panhellenic Conference
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
- Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority. Inc.*
State law requires universities to report violations of the University’s policies prohibiting hazing for the last five years. Visit the BGSU Anti-Hazing Violations Report for more information.
Updated: 03/23/2023 08:27AM