Young Alumni Council
Mission and History
Members of the Bowling Green State University Young Alumni Council (BGSU YAC) serve as ambassadors for BGSU and the BGSU Alumni Office to the all alumni, friends, family and members of the BGSU community. The Young Alumni Council advocates for the interests of recent alumni and fosters relationships between the University and recent alumni. Recent alumni, or Young Alumni are terms used to describe those alumni who have graduated within the past 0-10 years.
The YAC was founded in 2011 by a group of dynamic and highly involved recent alumni with the following objectives:
- Serve as ambassadors for BGSU
- Actively represent and promote the University in their own local communities
- Educate and interact with current students and recent alumni about goals, purposes, projects, and services of the Alumni Office
- Advocate for the interests of recent
- Promote the social, professional, philanthropic, and service interests and goals of recent alumni
- Communicate ideas and feedback from alumni and friends to the Alumni Office
- Foster relationships
between BGSU and recent alumni
- Cultivate lifelong participation in and philanthropic support of BGSU
- Facilitate and support implementation of relevant and meaningful programs and services for current and future young alumni throughout the country
Interested in learning more about the Young Alumni Council? E-mail email@example.com, or call 419-372-7772 for more information. Ready to fill out an application, click here. All applications should be submitted, via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or via mail to the BGSU Alumni Office, Mileti Alumni Center, Bowling Green, OH 43403; Attn: Young Alumni Council. Applications will be accepted throughout the year.