Supplemental Instruction (SI) is:
- An internationally used academic program to help students improve their understanding of course material
- Guides students to developing productive study habits
- An informal review for students by students to explore critical concepts, review class notes, discuss reading assignments, test taking strategies and review for tests
The SI program provides:
- Regularly scheduled (3 per week), peer-led study sessions that are planned by the SI leader. ***Extra sessions are scheduled around heavy exam times. ***
- Sessions led by an SI leader that has already completed the class you are in.
- SI is a FREE program offered to students by the BGSU Learning Commons
What can I expect from SI?
- SI sessions are designed for students from a variety of abilities, backgrounds, and experiences to collaborate in an informal review session.
- Students have the opportunity to become active participants in the review sessions as SI leaders use sample tests, quizzes, homework, and other study activities.
- Data shows that students who regularly attend SI sessions earn higher grades and withdraw less frequently from classes when compared to students who do not regularly attend SI Sessions.