Welcome, New International Students!
Spring 2022 Orientation: Mandatory International Student Orientation will be offered in-person and online for the Spring 2022 semester. Please note, our plans for mandatory International Student Orientation may be subject to change as needed, based on unforeseen circumstances.
- Orientation is mandatory for all students who have not previously attended BGSU.
- The International Programs and Partnerships staff will continue to send you information about the Fall Semester, it is important that you continue to watch your BGSU email account for information.
- There is a $100 Orientation Fee for all students even if you fail to complete the mandatory orientation.
- Please let us know your plans for the Spring 2022 semester as early as possible by completing this form. (Will be available by 11/1/21)
- If English is not your first language, you may be required to complete an English placement assessment and/or take ESOL courses based on your TOEFL/IELTS scores. These assessments and classes ensure that you have the English language support to be successful as you start your studies at BGSU. Learn more at www.bgsu.edu/esolplacement.
The virtual check-in process must be completed immediately upon your arrival to BGSU. You will be required to upload an electronic copy of your passport, signed Form I-20 (or DS-2019), Visa, electronic I-94 record. Any official academic documents and any other items previously requested upon your admission must be submitted during your assigned check-in time.
Airport Shuttle Services
International Programs & Partnerships will be providing free pick-up airport shuttle services from the Detro Metro Airport, for all new international students during the following assigned times:
Tuesday, January 4th- Wednesday, January 5th - Airport pick-up for ALL New International Students only
**All NEW International Students must be on campus no later than, Wednesday, January 5th**
Once a student has obtained your visa and confirmed their flights, you are asked to complete the Airport Shuttle Registration form. (This form will be available on November 1st) If you have any questions about airport services, we ask you to please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A few reminders:
- The deadline to register for this free airport shuttle is 5pm (EST) on Monday, December 20th.
- Airport Shuttle services will only be provided on Tuesday, January 4th and Wednesday, January 5th for ALL new students.
- This FREE airport shuttle service is provided only from the Detroit Metro Airport.
- This FREE service is for new international students only (guests and family members are not permitted to use this service)
All students must complete the virtual Orientation program upon arriving to the BGSU campus. A link to this online classroom will be made available to students here and sent via email in December. All new international students will need to complete this online training by Monday, January 10th.
REGISTER FOR CLASSES
- Undergraduate Students will be pre-registered for classes prior to your arrival to campus.
- Graduate Students register for classes with their respective Graduate Coordinator.
The Srping Academic Semester begins on Monday, January 10, 2022.
BGSU and International Programs and Partnerships welcome you to our campus community. We are committed to assisting you in reaching your academic goals and are looking forward to your arrival to the United States.
- Please let us know your plans for the Spring 2022 semester as early as possible by registering for orientation. (This form will be made available soon)
- Once a student has obtained your visa and confirmed their flights, you are asked to complete the Airport Shuttle Registration form.
- Complete the Falcon Health and Student Insurance forms.
- Visa and immigration information
- Navigating campus technology
- Campus safety and resources
- Getting involved at BGSU
- Paying your bill
International student orientation is mandatory.
Therefore, all students will be charged the $100 orientation fee regardless of attendance to cover the costs of initial processing and registration of your immigration documents and compliance with Federal regulations.
It is easy to pay your tuition and fees online, be prepared to pay your bill when you register for class. Please make sure that you have enough cash or money order to pay some initial expenses when you arrive to BGSU. Graduate students that receive stipends should expect to have at least some funds available upon your arrival for housing and utility deposits and basic expenses for living. You will not receive your first stipend payment until approximately the middle of the first month of the semester.
Check the BGSU Bursar website for information about how much you will pay for tuition and fees.
There are several options for paying your BGSU bill listed on this website.