Welcome, New International Students!
Fall 2021 Orientation: Mandatory International Student Orientation will be offered in-person and online for the Fall 2021 semester. Please note, our plans for mandatory International Student Orientation may be subject to change as needed, based on unforeseen circumstances.
- Orientation is mandatory for all students who have not previously attended BGSU.
- The International Programs and Partnerships staff will continue to send you information about the Fall Semester, it is important that you continue to watch your BGSU email account for information.
- There is a $100 Orientation Fee for all students even if you fail to complete the mandatory orientation.
- Please let us know your plans for the Fall 2021 semester as early as possible by completing this form.
- If English is not your first language, you may be required to complete an English placement assessment and/or take ESOL courses based on your TOEFL/IELTS scores. These assessments and classes ensure that you have the English language support to be successful as you start your studies at BGSU. Learn more at www.bgsu.edu/esolplacement.
The virtual check-in process must be completed immediately upon your arrival to BGSU. You will be required to upload an electronic copy of your passport, signed Form I-20 (or DS-2019), Visa, electronic I-94 record. Any official academic documents and any other items previously requested upon your admission must be submitted during your assigned check-in time.
Airport Shuttle Services
International Programs & Partnerships will be providing free pick-up airport shuttle services from the Detro Metro Airport, for all new international students during the following assigned times:
Wednesday, August 18th and Thursday, August 19th- Airport pick-up for New International UNDERGRADUATE students only
**Undergraduate students must be on campus no later than, Thursday, August 19th**
Friday, August 20th and Saturday, August 21st- Airport pick-up for New International GRADUATE students only
**Graduate students must be on campus no later than, Saturday, August 21st**
Once a student has obtained your visa and confirmed their flights, you are asked to complete the Airport Shuttle Registration form. If you have any questions about airport services, we ask you to please contact us at email@example.com.
A few reminders:
- The deadline to register for this free airport shuttle is 5pm (EST) on Monday, August 9th.
- Airport Shuttle services will only be provided on Wednesday, August 18th and Thursday, August 19th for new UNDERGRADUATE students.
- Airport Shuttle services will only be provided on Friday, August 20th and Saturday, August 21st for new GRADUATE students.
- This FREE airport shuttle service is provided only from the Detroit Metro Airport.
- This FREE service is for new international students only (guests and family members are not permitted to use this service)
All students must complete the virtual Orientation program prior to arriving to the BGSU campus. A link to this online classroom will be made available to students here and sent via email by Monday, July 19th. All new international students will need to complete this online training by Friday, August 20th.
REGISTER FOR CLASSES
- Undergraduate Students will be pre-register for classes prior to your arrival to campus.
- Graduate Students register for classes with their respective Graduate Coordinator.
The Fall Academic Semester begins on Thursday, August 26, 2021.
BGSU and International Programs and Partnerships welcome you to our campus community. We are committed to assisting you in reaching your academic goals and are looking forward to your arrival to the United States.
- Visa and immigration information
- Navigating campus technology
- Campus safety and resources
- Getting involved at BGSU
- Paying your bill
International student orientation is mandatory.
Therefore, all students will be charged the $100 orientation fee regardless of attendance to cover the costs of initial processing and registration of your immigration documents and compliance with Federal regulations.
It is easy to pay your tuition and fees online, be prepared to pay your bill when you register for class. Please make sure that you have enough cash or money order to pay some initial expenses when you arrive to BGSU. Graduate students that receive stipends should expect to have at least some funds available upon your arrival for housing and utility deposits and basic expenses for living. You will not receive your first stipend payment until approximately the middle of the first month of the semester.
Check the BGSU Bursar website for information about how much you will pay for tuition and fees.
There are several options for paying your BGSU bill listed on this website.