Welcome, New International Students!
Fall 2020 Orientation: Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, mandatory International Student Orientation will be offered online for the Fall 2020 semester.
- Orientation is mandatory for all students who have not previously attended BGSU.
- The International Programs and Partnerships staff will continue to send you information about the Fall Semester, continue to watch your BGSU email account for information.
- There is a $100 Orientation Fee for all students even if you fail to complete the mandatory orientation.
- Confirm your arrival and orientation plans as early as possible by completing this form. (This form will be available on Wednesday, July 9, 2020)
- If English is not your first language, you will be required to complete an English placement assessment before you will be permitted to register for classes. This test will determine if you need additional English language support to be successful as you start your studies at BGSU. Learn more about the English Placement Assessment by visit this website.
The virtual check-in process Check-in must be completed immediately upon your arrival to BGSU. You will be required to submit an electronic copy of your passport, signed Form I-20 (or DS-2019), Visa, electronic I-94 record, official academic documents and any other items previously requested to check-in.
All students must complete the virtual Orientation program prior to arriving to the BGSU campus. A link to this online classroom will be made available to students here and sent via email by Friday, July 31st. All new international students will need to complete this online training by Friday, August 21st.
Any student wishing to arrive after Wednesday, August 26, 2020 needs to contact the International Programs & Partnerships office via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request permission and information on this process. Arriving late without permission can result in the cancellation of a student’s I-20, and for graduate students with assistantships, the loss of his/her assistantships. Both Undergraduate and Graduate students will also need approval from their respective academic advisor or graduate college in order to arrive late to campus, after the start of classes.
REGISTER FOR CLASSES
Undergraduate Students will be pre-register for classes prior to your arrival to campus. Graduate Students register for classes with their respective Graduate Coordinator.
The Fall Academic Semester NOW begins on Wednesday August 26, 2020.
BGSU and International Programs and Partnerships welcome you to our campus community. We are committed to assisting you in reaching your academic goals and are looking forward to your arrival to the United States.
- Visa and immigration information
- Navigating campus technology
- Campus safety and resources
- Getting involved at BGSU
- Paying your bill
International student orientation is mandatory.
Therefore, all students will be charged the $100 orientation fee regardless of attendance to cover the costs of initial processing and registration of your immigration documents and compliance with Federal regulations.
It is easy to pay your tuition and fees online, be prepared to pay your bill when you register for class. Please make sure that you have enough cash or money order to pay some initial expenses when you arrive to BGSU. Graduate students that receive stipends should expect to have at least some funds available upon your arrival for housing and utility deposits and basic expenses for living. You will not receive your first stipend payment until approximately the middle of the first month of the semester.
Check the BGSU Bursar website for information about how much you will pay for tuition and fees.
There are several options for paying your BGSU bill listed on this website.