Welcome, New International Students!
Spring 2021 Orientation: Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, mandatory International Student Orientation will be offered online for the Spring 2021 semester.
- Orientation is mandatory for all students who have not previously attended BGSU.
- The International Programs and Partnerships staff will continue to send you information about the Spring Semester, continue to watch your BGSU email account for information.
- There is a $100 Orientation Fee for all students even if you fail to complete the mandatory orientation.
- Please let us know your plans for the Spring 2021 semester as early as possible by completing this form. (Form to be available soon!)
- If English is not your first language, you may be required to complete an English placement assessment and/or take ESOL courses based on your TOEFL/IELTS scores. These assessments and classes ensure that you have the English language support to be successful as you start your studies at BGSU. Learn more at www.bgsu.edu/esolplacement.
The virtual check-in process must be completed immediately upon your arrival to BGSU. You will be required to submit an electronic copy of your passport, signed Form I-20 (or DS-2019), Visa, electronic I-94 record, official academic documents and any other items previously requested to check-in.
Airport Shuttle Services
International Programs & Partnerships will be providing free pick-up airport shuttle services from the Detro Metro Airport, for all new international students arriving on Thursday, January 7th.
Once a student has confirmed their flights, you are asked to complete the Airport Shuttle Registration form. If you have any questions about airport services, we ask you to please contact us at email@example.com.
A few reminders:
- Airport Shuttle services will only be provided Wednesday, August 5th through Tuesday, August 11th.
- This FREE airport shuttle service is provided only from the Detroit Metro Airport.
- This FREE service is for new international students only (guests and family members are not permitted to use this service)
All students must complete the virtual Orientation program prior to arriving to the BGSU campus. A link to this online classroom will be made available to students here and sent via email by Friday, December 11th. All new international students will need to complete this online training by Friday, January 8th.
PLEASE NOTE: New international students who plan to take online classes from abroad do NOT need to complete the virtual orientation process. This program should only be completed prior to arriving to the BGSU campus.
Typically, our office does not recommend new international students arriving any time after the first week of classes. Be prepared to be questioned by the Border Protection officers for your reason for late arrival. Please also keep in mind that arriving late without permission can result in the cancellation of a student’s I-20.
Graduate students wishing to arrive after Monday, January 11, 2021 need to notify International Programs & Partnerships via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), as well as their graduate coordinators and professors for each of their classes. Students might not be able to join a certain class due to seats available or, in the case of hybrid classes, the attendance policy set by each professor. Therefore, our office cannot authorize the late arrival of new international students, so it is the student’s responsibility to communicate with their graduate coordinators, International Programs and Partnerships and their professors and ensure they have the permission needed to begin classes. Please keep in mind that arriving late without permission can result in the cancellation of a student’s I-20 and in some cases of graduate students with assistantships, the loss of his/her assistantships.
Undergraduate students wishing to arrive after Monday, January 11, 2021 need to notify International Programs & Partnerships via email (email@example.com), as well the professors for each of their classes. Students might not be able to join a certain class due to seats available or, in the case of hybrid classes, the attendance policy set by each professor. Therefore, our office cannot authorize the late arrival of new international students, so it is the student’s responsibility to communicate with International Programs and Partnerships and their professors and ensure they have the permission needed to begin classes.
REGISTER FOR CLASSES
Undergraduate Students will be pre-register for classes prior to your arrival to campus. Graduate Students register for classes with their respective Graduate Coordinator.
The Spring Academic Semester begins on Monday, January 11, 2021.
BGSU and International Programs and Partnerships welcome you to our campus community. We are committed to assisting you in reaching your academic goals and are looking forward to your arrival to the United States.
- Visa and immigration information
- Navigating campus technology
- Campus safety and resources
- Getting involved at BGSU
- Paying your bill
International student orientation is mandatory.
Therefore, all students will be charged the $100 orientation fee regardless of attendance to cover the costs of initial processing and registration of your immigration documents and compliance with Federal regulations.
It is easy to pay your tuition and fees online, be prepared to pay your bill when you register for class. Please make sure that you have enough cash or money order to pay some initial expenses when you arrive to BGSU. Graduate students that receive stipends should expect to have at least some funds available upon your arrival for housing and utility deposits and basic expenses for living. You will not receive your first stipend payment until approximately the middle of the first month of the semester.
Check the BGSU Bursar website for information about how much you will pay for tuition and fees.
There are several options for paying your BGSU bill listed on this website.