Off-Campus Student Services
Off-Campus Student Services (OCSS) provides resources to all off-campus students, including students living in Bowling Green and those commuting from a great distance. OCSS is a program within the Office of the Dean of Students.
See it Before you Sign it
Make smart choices about where you live. Make sure there are working smoke detectors and at least two exits out of your living unit. Off-Campus fires can be fatal. Make sure you are picking a fire-safe place to live.
- 100% = How many fatal college-related fatal fires have been off-campus, instead of in residence halls or Greek housing, since 2005.
- 75% = The percentage where alcohol has been a factor in fatal fires
- 58%= The percentage where there were either no working smoke alarms or they had been tampered with
- 29% = The percentage where smoking has been the cause (and it is the leading cause)
- 20 and 21 = the age of most students killed in fires