Office of Registration & Records
The Office of Registration and Records is responsible for each student's class registration and is the official source of information for the academic record. Questions about the functions of the office can be answered by calling 419-372-8441, by faxing 419-372-7977 or by emailing Registrar@bgsu.edu.
BGSU has joined statewide and national proactive efforts to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus. It's not lost on us how this pandemic might be impacting your hopes and dreams as well as your sense of normalcy.
Please know that our office is here for you when you're ready to discuss next steps, ask more questions about a BGSU future or share how COVID-19 may have impacted your financial outlook for college.
Every student will handle this change in a different way. There is no right or wrong way to act or feel. We're here for you no matter what you need or want to share with us.
Take care as we embark on this journey as a campus, community, state and country. It's an unprecedented time in history, but we hope to help each other get through it together.
Services provided by the office include:
- Compiling and publishing the schedule of classes with the assistance of academic departments and colleges;
- Maintaining the University's registration system and all student class schedules;
- Maintaining and updating the undergraduate catalog;
- Coordinating the award of Advanced Placement Credit;
- Certifying completion of University requirements for graduation; and
- Certifying enrollment for insurance purposes, student loans, or benefits under the Veterans' Education and Social Security Acts.
In addition, the office is responsible for:
- Issuance of academic transcripts,
- Evaluation of transfer credit,
- Production of Degree Audit reports,
- Readmission of former students,
- Admission of guest students,
- Certification of eligibility for participation in athletics and honor societies,
- Clarification of residency for tuition purposes,
- Processing of credit-by-exam, and
- Various other academic functions related to students.
Last Updated: 4/8/21