Achieving success for students with Learning Disabilities and Attention Challenges
The Falcon Learning Your Way (FLY) Program assists students with specific learning disabilities (SLD) and/or ADHD by providing individualized support. FLY provides the cognitive and emotional support students may need to accommodate learning differences. Students work with their assigned Learning Specialist to develop and implement individualized academic support plans, including the assessment and evaluation of their individual skills and learning needs.
- Full-time Learning Specialist
- Mandatory family orientation program
- Personal librarian service
- Individualized Falcon Learning Plan to include:
- Regularly scheduled meetings with a Learning Specialist
- Tutoring plan
- Mid-term monitoring and progress reporting
- Coordinated services with campus resources
- Workshops (e.g., time management, study skills, stress management, wellness)
- Introduction to the Office of Campus Activities
Participation in the FLY Program requires students to apply and be admitted. FLY Program applications are considered in the order in which all application requirements are received. Space is limited. We are currently accepting applications for future semesters. Applications received after the start of the semester will be considered for the following term.
To complete the Bowling Green State University admissions and FLY Program process, students must:
- Complete the Application for Undergraduate Admission ($45 nonrefundable application fee)
- Complete the Application for the FLY Program ($15 nonrefundable application fee)
- Register for services through the BGSU Accessibility Services Office
In addition to BGSU’s tuition and fees, the FLY Program cost is $2,500 per semester.
For more information on the current BGSU tuition and fees visit the BGSU Cost Summary.
Meet Our Learning Specialists
Penny Soboleski, Ed.D.
The Learning Commons does not provide academic accommodations.
Bowling Green State University students looking for disability-related accommodations work through the BGSU Accessibility Services.
The mission of Accessibility Services at Bowling Green State University is to provide equal access and opportunity to qualified students, faculty, and staff with disabilities. The office's goal is to increase awareness of disability issues and support the success of students with disabilities by providing opportunities for full integration into the BGSU community.
These opportunities may include accommodations taking class notes and exams, choosing housing or completing housing appeals, and finding scholarships.
To apply for accessibility services, students can submit digital forms.