BGSU Student Health Insurance Program
Students are required to be covered by health insurance that provides coverage for medical and mental health in Northwest Ohio while attending BGSU and the University provides student health insurance through United HealthCare Student Resources.
The BGSU student health insurance plan is customized to offer the best coverage to our students at a competitive price. You can find the most recent rates, dates of coverage and more about the plan on the Health Plan Benefits and Cost web page.
Domestic & International Student Waive/Enroll Requirements
Domestic students who are taking 8 or more credit hours on main campus will need to be covered by the student health insurance plan or WAIVE the coverage if they are covered by another health insurance plan each academic year.
All International Students, regardless of credit hours, are required to enroll in the BGSU student health insurance plan, unless they meet one of the few exemptions.
Please click on the appropriate button below to learn more about your waive/enroll requirement each year:
2022-23 BGSU Student Health Insurance Plan
- Fall-Only Plan | Covered for 4.5 months | Aug. 15, 2022-Dec. 31, 2022 | $896
- Spring/Summer Plan | Covered for 7.5 months | Jan. 1-Aug. 14, 2023 | Pricing coming soon
- Annual Plan | Covered for 12 months | Aug. 15, 2022-Aug. 14, 2023 | $2,329
2021-22 BGSU Student Health Insurance Plan
- Spring/Summer Plan | Covered for 7.5 months | Jan. 1-Aug. 14, 2022 | $1,423
- Annual Plan | Covered for 12 months | Aug. 15, 2021-Aug. 14, 2022 | $2,309
Updated: 06/13/2022 11:47AM