At BGSU, students are assigned an academic advisor from day one, and we strive to provide every opportunity possible for students to not only meet with an advisor, but to develop an important and on-going partnership designed to lead toward the important outcome of student success.
BGSU advisors strive to challenge and support students to become independent and engaged citizens who are able to take responsibility for achieving lifelong educational, personal, and career goals.
Academic advising provides students with the opportunity to build a relationship with their advisors for the purpose of gaining assistance in planning their educational career, in learning the skills needed for academic success, and in learning how to access the variety of resources and services available to them on the BGSU campus.
Across all of our programs and colleges, students work with advisors to:
- establish educational and career goals
- develop academic degree plans
- explore experiential learning opportunities such as study abroad, service learning, internships, undergraduate research and many other co-curricular opportunities
- Advising Centers
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Business
- College of Education and Human Development
- Firelands College
- College of Health and Human Services
- Honors College
- College of Musical Arts
- Pre-College Programs
- Pre-Major and Academic Planning
- Pre-Professional Programs
- College of Technology, Architechture, and Applied Engineering