Academic Investment in Mathematics and Science (AIMS) Program
The purpose of the Academic Investment in Math and Science (AIMS) program is to provide need-based scholarships and holistic support to students pursuing Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) undergraduate degrees at BGSU.
- Reflection and Sense of Self: Students in the AIMS Program will be able to demonstrate a developing sense of self as a professional in a math, science, engineering, or technology related field.
- Connections to Experience: Students in the AIMS Program will be able to relate their AIMS Program experience to the impact those interactions have had on their academic goals and their career goals.
- Transfer: Students in the AIMS Program will be able to apply the knowledge and skills gained from their experience in the AIMS Program to other BGSU experiences and non-BGSU experiences.
- Help students transition from high school to college.
- Aid students in navigating and designing their BGSU undergraduate experience.
- Assist students in planning for next steps after graduating from BGSU
- Four-year renewable scholarship to assist with the cost of college
- Opportunity to build connections with other students
- Support from AIMS staff, including regular meetings
- Participate in AIMS summer bridge program free of charge
- Exploration of career paths and self-assessment of interests
- Broad science exposure
- Opportunities to meet professionals in research, industry, and education and connect with faculty at BGSU
- Assistance with finding undergraduate research opportunities
- Access to GRE, MCAT and other professional school study materials
- Ability to participate in AIMS Theme Community
Updated: 08/02/2023 09:48AM