SMART Mentor | The Residence Life SMART (Students of Color Mentoring, Aiding, Retaining and Teaching) Mentor is responsible for developing a positive, supportive relationship with first-year residential students, particularly from marginalized populations (Mentees). In addition to helping their Mentees with the transition to college life, SMART Mentors will assist with with SMART event planning, implementation and management.
SMART Mentor Job Duties
- Participate in all assigned Residence Life/SMART Trainings and Professional Development
- Attend weekly SMART Meetings (Roundtables/All-SMART), Wednesdays, 7:30 - 9:00 p.m.
- Commit to developing a positive, supportive relationship with all other Residence Life Staff and Mentees
- Be accessible and available to all Mentees
- Maintain weekly contact with Mentees, including a monthly face-to-face interaction
- Provide timely information about SMART programs and events to Mentees
- Complete weekly reports detailing interactions with Mentees
- Work under the direction of a SMART Team Leader as a part of a SMART Committee
- Plan programs/events/activities as part of a SMART Committee
- Attend SMART-sponsored programs and activities
- Meet one-on-one with the SMART Program/Graduate Coordinators monthly throughout the year
- Adhere to SMART Program requirements and expectations of SMART Program Coordinators
- Follow guidelines/rules in the Community Living Standards and the Student Code of Conduct
- Other duties as assigned
The Office of Residence Life is always looking for qualified applicants to apply to be a SMART Mentor and currently have open positions that need to be filled.
||Apply Now | After you apply, your application will be checked for eligibility. If you meet the position requirements, your application will become Active.|
||If your application is Active, it will remain on file for 5 months and you will be contacted for an interview if a position opens that meets your qualifications.|
|Step 3||If you are not contacted for an interview within 5 months, please re-apply. Just because you weren't contacted doesn't mean we won't want to hire you in the future.|