SMART Mentor |
The Residence Life SMART (Students of Color Mentoring, Aiding, Retaining and Teaching) Mentor is responsible for developing a positive, supportive relationship with first-year residential students, particularly from marginalized populations (Mentees). In addition to helping their Mentees with the transition to college life, SMART Mentors will assist with SMART event planning, implementation and management.
SMART Mentor Job Duties
- Participate in all assigned Residence Life/SMART Trainings and Professional Development
- Attend weekly SMART Meetings (Roundtables/All-SMART), Wednesdays, 7:30 - 9 p.m.
- Commit to developing a positive, supportive relationship with all other Residence Life Staff and Mentees
- Be accessible and available to all Mentees
- Maintain weekly contact with Mentees, including a monthly face-to-face interaction
- Provide timely information about SMART programs and events to Mentees
- Complete weekly reports detailing interactions with Mentees
- Plan programs/events/activities
- Attend SMART-sponsored programs and activities
- Meet one-on-one with the SMART Program/Graduate Coordinators monthly throughout the year
- Adhere to SMART Program/Graduate Coordinator requirements and expectations of SMART Program Coordinators
- Follow guidelines/rules in the Community Living Standards and the Student Code of Conduct
- Other duties as assigned
Application Process for 2022-2023 Academic School Year
Information Sessions & Interview Workshops
Available by appointment only.
Contact James Kearney Coordinator, Diversity Initiatives email@example.com to schedule.
Other Residence Life Student Positions
Updated: 03/13/2023 08:41AM