Hall Ambassador (HA) | The HA reports to the Marketing Coordinator and works with Hall Directors, Graduate Hall Directors, Resident Advisors, hall staff and volunteers to effectively communicate with hall residents, maintain marketing/communication messaging, facilitate hall and room tours and handle tasks relative to liaison services for the Office of Residence Life and recruitment.
- This position would be a great fit for a student thinking about a career in marketing, communications or business
- Time commitment week of events: up to 5 hours leading up to the event and 4 - 7 hours the day of the event.
- Time commitment week without events: up to 5 hours
Hall Ambassador Job Duties
- Prepare for and provide residence hall tours for new student recruitment events. These events are not limited to, but will include:
- Preview Days: 2 in the fall semester and 2 in the spring semester
- Falcon Fridays: Usually 5 in the spring semester
- Recruit and train volunteers to show their rooms during each event and to facilitate hall tours.
- The week of recruitment events, prepare the hall for guests; post signs notifying residents about the upcoming event; inspect the building for cleanliness and addressing any issues or concerns with hall staff management.
- Track number of visitors to designated hall during recruitment events
- Solicit feedback from guests and tour guides for improvement of future events.
- During non-event weeks, inspect the hall for outdated or damaged signs, hang new signs as needed and provide feedback on ways to improve communication efforts to residents
- Advocate for hall events and encourage participation by sharing information on personal social media accounts
- Provide the Marketing Coordinator with weekly content and photos to post on the Residence Life social media profiles
- Willing to participate in photo/video shoots for University marketing purposes in the residence halls and assist in recruiting students in the hall to participate
- Assist the marketing department with accessing the residence hall for building photo/video shoots and recruit show rooms as needed
- Send a weekly re-cap to the Marketing Coordinator on the hall status and work preformed
||Submit Your Application | After you apply, your application will be checked for eligibility. If you meet the position requirements, your application will become Active.
|Step 2||If your application is Active, it will remain on file for 3 months and you will be contacted for an interview if a position opens that meets your qualifications.
|Step 3||If you are not contacted for an interview within 3 months, please re-apply. Just because you weren't contacted doesn't mean we won't want to hire you in the future.
Other Residence Life Student Positions