Marketing & Communication Assistant
Marketing & Communication Assistant | This position will support all marketing efforts in the Office of Residence Life. The incumbent will help develop content and assist with the design of promotional materials, website copy and will help maintain the department’s social media accounts. This position also manages the office recruitment event calendar, prepares all necessary materials for the events and will represent the office when needed.
- Weekly time commitment: 12 hours with the flexibility to work up to 16 hours with proper notice
- Weekly schedule will be set at the beginning of each semester based on the student’s class schedule
- Flexibility will be allowed to respond to recruitment events, exam schedules and University breaks
- Must be available to work during the following recruitment events
- Preview Days – 2 in the fall semester and 2 in the spring semester
- Falcon Fridays – Usually 5 in the spring semester
Hall Ambassador Job Duties
- Assist the marketing coordinator with marketing and communication projects
- Writing copy for marketing material, events and the website
- Collects, coordinates and prepares data for communication projects
- Maintains office documents and marketing copy
- Updates copy on the Residence Life website
- Assists with management of Residence Life social media accounts
- Manage the Residence Life recruitment event calendar, helps the office prepare or the events and represents the office at on-campus events
- Weekly communication with Hall Ambassadors to ensure proper communication strategies are administered in the residence halls
- Sound understanding of marketing principles
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with the ability to communicate complex ideas
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Personable, presentable and articulate
- Manage multiple projects in fast paced office setting
- The ability to think ahead and anticipate next steps in a project
- Self-starter who has the ability to work independently and in group settings
- Computer proficient with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Previous experience working on websites or the eagerness to learn
||Apply Now | After you apply, your application will be checked for eligibility. If you meet the position requirements, your application will become Active.
|Step 2||If your application is Active, it will remain on file for 3 months and you will be contacted for an interview if a position opens that meets your qualifications.
|Step 3||If you are not contacted for an interview within 3 months, please re-apply. Just because you weren't contacted doesn't mean we won't want to hire you in the future.