Community Assistant (CA) | This position is an undergraduate student staff member of the Office of Residence Life who lives in Conklin Hall or one of the Greek Village units. The Community Assistant is directly supervised by the Residence Hall Director and Graduate Hall Director responsible for Conklin Hall and the Greek Village. The Community Assistant is primarily responsible for the safety, security and administrative duties of the residents of the Greek Village. This appointment is for one full academic year.
CA Job Duties
- Serve as the primary contact for 2 to 4 Greek Chapter Houses regarding residence hall and University policies, resident academic and personal issues and overall safety and security.
- Meet with the assigned Greek Chapter Presidents and/or Chapter House Managers monthly.
- Respond to student concerns and crisis situations on an on-call rotational basis in the BGSU Greek houses.
- Perform all administrative tasks as defined by the Residence Hall Director. Administrative tasks include things such as: posting informational flyers in the houses, attending weekly one-on-one meetings, distributing and collecting surveys, verifying occupancy of rooms, etc.
- Attend weekly staff meetings on Wednesdays from 7:30 p.m. - 9:00 pm.
- Remain in the hall until the building is officially closed and/or return early to open during holidays and breaks, as determined by the Residence Hall Director and/or the Office of Residence Life.
- Understand, explain, enforce and support all Office of Residence Life and University policies and procedures.
- Maintain a standard of personal conduct commensurate with responsibilities. The Community Assistant is expected to set an example both in knowing and abiding by all applicable laws and University policies.
- Create bulletin boards and door decorations as directed by the Residence Hall Director.
- Attend and actively participate in the Fall CA Training (August) and the Spring Training (January).
- Participate in selection activities for the Community Assistant position (i.e., Information Sessions and interviews) for 5 - 7 hours.
There are many steps to the application process. To help you better understand the timeline, please review the schedule below:
||Now - January 1, Interested applicants should click to Apply Now so they are added to the Interest Pool. This starts your application process.
|Step 2||Starting January 2, the official application opens and interested applicants should fill it out.
|Step 3||Emails will be sent to candidates about how to schedule an interview.|
|Step 4||Interviews will be held.|
|Step 5||Notification letters will be sent to selected candidates.