Community Assistant (CA) | This position is an undergraduate student staff member of the Office of Residence Life who lives in one of the Greek Village units. The Community Assistant is directly supervised by the Residence Hall Director and Graduate Hall Director responsible for Conklin Hall and the Greek Village. The Community Assistant is primarily responsible for the safety, security and administrative duties of the residents of the Greek Village. In addition, the Community Assistant will play a key role in developing community in the Greek Village, by assisting with hosting events and engagement activities. This appointment is for one full academic year.
CA Job Duties
- Serve as the primary contact for 2 to 4 Greek Chapter Houses regarding residence hall and University policies, resident academic and personal issues and overall safety and security.
- Meet with the assigned Greek Chapter Presidents and/or Chapter House Managers monthly.
- Meet a minimum of monthly with the Fraternity & Sorority Life and Residence Life teams.
- Respond to student concerns and crisis situations on an on-call rotational basis in the BGSU Greek houses.
- Perform all administrative tasks as defined by the Residence Hall Director. Administrative tasks include things such as: posting informational flyers in the houses, attending weekly one-on-one meetings, distributing and collecting surveys, verifying occupancy of rooms, etc.
- Implement 3 community engagement activities per semester for the Greek Village. These activities will help cultivate a feeling of belonging for the Greek Village.
- Attend weekly staff meetings on Wednesdays from 7:30 p.m. - 9:00 pm.
- Remain in the hall until the building is officially closed and/or return early to open during holidays and breaks, as determined by the Residence Hall Director and/or the Office of Residence Life.
- Understand, explain, enforce and support all Office of Residence Life and University policies and procedures.
- Maintain a standard of personal conduct commensurate with responsibilities. The Community Assistant is expected to set an example both in knowing and abiding by all applicable laws and University policies.
- Create bulletin boards and door decorations as directed by the Residence Hall Director.
- Attend and actively participate in the Fall CA Training (August) and the Spring Training (January).
- Participate in selection activities for the Community Assistant position (i.e., Information Sessions and interviews) for 5 - 7 hours.
- CAs must adhere to and enforce all COVID-19 procedures, guidelines, and policies.
- CAs may be asked to assist with COVID-19 response, which could include, but not limited to meal delivery, contact tracing, etc.
- CAs may be required to be tested for COVID-19.
Application Process 2021-2022 Academic School Year
|January 11 - January 22||Accepting Applications|
|January 11 - January 22||(Current Staff Only) Intent to Return form|
|January 26 - January 29||Interviews with Professional and Graduate Staff|
|February 3||Interviews with current student staff (Peer Interviews)|
|February 15||Notification letters will be sent to candidates|
Virtual Information & Resume Building Sessions
|January 12 at 10 am||Virtual Information Session - Join Zoom Session|
|January 13 at 4 pm||Virtual Information Session - Join Zoom Session|
|January 14 at 11am||Virtual Information Session - Join Zoom Session|
|January 14 at 3pm||Virtual Information Session - Join Zoom Session|
|January 15 at 2pm||Virtual Information Session - Join Zoom Session|
|January 17 at 4pm||Virtual Information Session - Join Zoom Session|
|January 18 at 12pm||Virtual Information Session - Join Zoom Session|
|January 21 at 10:30am||Virtual Information Session - Join Zoom Session|
|January 21 at 12:15pm||Resume Review Workshop - Join Zoom Session|
Other Residence Life Student Positions