SMART Team Leader
SMART Team Leader | The Residence Life SMART (Students of Color Mentoring, Aiding, Retaining, and Teaching) Team Leader is responsible for providing direction, support and leadership for SMART Mentors. In addition, Team Leaders will perform administrative duties within the program (including event planning, implementation and management) and will develop a positive, supportive, helping relationship with Mentees that will facilitate their adjustment to college life at Bowling Green State University.
SMART Team Leader Job Duties
- Participate in all assigned Residence Life/SMART Trainings and Professional Development
- Attend weekly SMART Meetings (Roundtables/All-SMART), Wednesdays, 7:30 - 9:00 p.m.
- Commit to developing a positive, supportive relationship with all Residence Life Staff and Mentees
- Lead a team of SMART Mentors in developing and executing events for Mentees
- Conduct regular planning meetings with Mentor team members
- Compile weekly reports detailing team Mentors' interactions with their Mentees
- Build positive bonds and relationships among SMART Staff
- Meet one-on-one with the SMART Program/Graduate Coordinators weekly throughout the year
- Meet with the SMART Program/Graduate Coordinator weekly as Team Leaders
- Adhere to the SMART Program requirements and expectations of SMART Program/Graduate Coordinators, including providing committee updates, managing paperwork, overseeing programs/events, and performing all duties of a Mentor (as necessary)
- Follow guidelines/rules in the Community Living Standards (if applicable) and the Student Code of Conduct
- Other duties as assigned
There are many steps to the application process. To help you better understand the timeline, please review the schedule below:
||Now - January 1, Interested applicants should click to Apply Now so they are added to the Interest Pool. This starts your application process.
|Step 2||Starting January 2, the official application opens and interested applicants should fill it out.
|Step 3||Emails will be sent to candidates about how to schedule an interview.|
|Step 4||Interviews will be held.|
|Step 5||Notification letters will be sent to selected candidates.