Ohio GI Bill® Promise

Ohio Board of Regent's rule for Veteran students and their dependents (Section C4) indicates that veterans need to prove either their honorable discharge or medical separation, with one year of service, and that they reside in Ohio as of the first day of enrollment. Dependents need to prove their relationship to the veteran.

BGSU requires the student to provide the following documentation when applying under Section C4:

  1. Submit a completed Ohio Residency application along with supporting documentation to the Office of Registration and Records during, or prior to, the term in which you are seeking a change in residency status.
  2. A copy of the veteran's honorable discharge or medical separation (with one year of service) papers, if applicable.
  3. A copy of the deceased veteran's death certificate, if applicable.
  4. A copy of a current lease or a property deed showing residency in Ohio (or letter from owner of the residence certifying the spouse/parent resides at  that residence).
  5. For veteran's dependents, a copy of the veteran's previous year's federal tax return (page 1 only, showing dependents) or a copy of your marriage certificate if you did not file taxes jointly. REMOVE ALL SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS AND CHECKING/SAVINGS ACCOUNT NUMBERS FROM ALL DOCUMENTS PRIOR TO SUBMISSION.

Return Completed Form and all supporting documentation to:

Christine Alejo

Bowling Green State University
Office of Registration and Records
1851 N Research Dr
Bowling Green, OH 43403
Phone: 419-372-7970

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.

Updated: 07/17/2023 10:49AM