Records Services

Below you will find links to various Records Services we provide. If you cannot locate what you are looking for, please contact us. Our office is open between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday. We would be happy to assist you. 


Check Your Final Grades

Final grades are available in the Student Center as soon as the instructor of record posts the grade roster through their Faculty Center. Final Grades are not posted in CANVAS! All grades submitted by the instructor will be posted by the Wednesday evening following final exam week. If a grade of No Grade Reported (NGR) is posted, please contact the instructor of record.

How to check your final grades

  1. Log in to MyBGSU.
  2. Click on the Student Center.
  3. Once in the Student Center, click on the Academics tile. – The View Grades page will automatically open.
  4. Select the Term for which final grades have been posted. – Grades will be posted under the Grade column. Term GPA and Cumulative GPA is also included on the View Grades page.


  • The posting of your grades may be delayed. That’s OK. We will work closely with your faculty member or high school instructor to make sure they are posted as soon as possible.
  • After the grade posting deadline, please check your grades again at a later date.

What do I do if my grade in Canvas is different than the grade in my Student Center?
Sometimes, the grade in Canvas and the grade in the Student Center do not match. The reason for this might be your instructor agreed to drop an assignment or grade on a curve or some other reason. When this happens, what is shown in the Student Center is your official grade but if you have specific questions about your grade in Canvas, please contact your instructor directly.

Are you in good academic standing?

When your cumulative grade point average (GPA) is at least 2.0 or better, you will be in good academic standing. If your GPA falls below a 2.0, you will be placed on either academic  warning, probation, suspension or dismissal. 

It is important to check your academic standing at the end of each semester. The status of your academic standing may have implications that extend beyond your academics to potentially impact your financial aid.

Undergraduate Academic Standing will be available the Thursday following final exam week. A letter will be available and will have important information from your college office based on your current academic standing. Any questions regarding academic standing should be directed to your college office (College of Arts and Sciences, College of Music, etc.).

We encourage you to learn more about how to check your academic standing and your college appeal process.

Please note: Graduate students will not have an academic standing at the time grades are posted. The Dean of the Graduate College will communicate if the standing of Probation or Dismissal is determined after the term.

Grading Policies

Updated: 11/22/2023 02:11PM