Guidelines to Apply for BGSU VA Educational Benefits
- Apply for VA educational benefits at the Vets.gov website
- Form 22-1990 is completed for those students with military service
- Form 22-1990e is completed for those students who have had benefits transferred to them (TOE, DEA).
Please contact the Veteran Administration at 1-888-442-4551 with any questions.
- Register for classes.
- Only courses that satisfy requirements outlined by your degree audit will be certified.
- If you add or drop classes AFTER the 15th day of the start of the semester, inform us as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your schedule change. It is imperative to do this as quickly as possible to prevent improper payments being issued.
- Complete, sign, date, and print a copy of the VA Intent Form each semester you want to certify for VA educational benefits.
- If you are or have been an active
military member, please complete the VA
Intent Form - Military Member .
- If you are receiving transferrable benefits, please complete the VA Intent Form - Transferred Benefits . Please be sure the information you provide on the Intent Form is both accurate and complete.
- A VA Intent Form without the class section completed will NOT be accepted.
Office of Registration and Records
If you are a military member, one of the following chapters may apply to you:
- Chapter 30 - you first entered service after June 30, 1985
- Chapter 33 - you served on active duty after September 10, 2001 or transferred Chapter 30, 1606 or 1607 benefits to this chapter
- Chapter 1606 - you are a member of the National Guard or Selected Reserve
- Chapter 1607 - you are a member of the National Guard or Selected Reserve who has served on active duty for at least 90 consecutive days following the presidential declaration of a reserve unit to activate
If you are not a military member, one of the following chapters may apply to you:
- Chapter 33 - (TOE) a Chapter 33 service member transferred benefits to you
- Chapter 35 - you are receiving benefits on behalf of a veteran as a dependent or survivor
Last Updated: 4.4.17