Guidelines to Apply for BGSU VA Educational Benefits
- Apply for VA educational benefits at the Vets.gov website
- Form 22-1990 is completed for those students with military service
- Form 22-1990e is completed for those students who have had benefits transferred to them (TOE, DEA).
Please contact the Veteran Administration at 1-888-442-4551 with any questions.
The Aviation Flight Technology program and courses do not qualify for GI Bill® or VA education benefits. However, many students are eligible for other military education benefits; Please contact Nontraditional and Military Student Services at 419 372-8136 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- Register for classes.
- Only courses that satisfy requirements outlined by your degree audit will be certified.
- If you add or drop classes AFTER the 15th day of the start of the semester, inform us as soon as possible at email@example.com indicating your schedule change. It is imperative to do this as quickly as possible to prevent improper payments being issued.
If you are a military member, one of the following chapters may apply to you:
- Chapter 30 - you first entered service after June 30, 1985
- Chapter 33 - you served on active duty after September 10, 2001 or transferred Chapter 30, 1606 or 1607 benefits to this chapter
- Chapter 1606 - you are a member of the National Guard or Selected Reserve
- Chapter 1607 - you are a member of the National Guard or Selected Reserve who has served on active duty for at least 90 consecutive days following the presidential declaration of a reserve unit to activate
If you are not a military member, one of the following chapters may apply to you:
- Chapter 33 - (TOE) a Chapter 33 service member transferred benefits to you
- Chapter 35 - you are receiving benefits on behalf of a veteran as a dependent or survivor
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Updated: 07/17/2023 10:50AM