College Credit Plus Placement Resources
Course Placements are not required for admission to BGSU. However, Some BGSU courses may require a placement assessment -- Specifically our Writing, Math and some Science courses.
Please see the information below regarding how to access our course placements.
Students who plan to study foreign language and have previous foreign language experience should complete the foreign language placement. Students should complete the placement prior to their initial advising appointment. The online foreign language placement (WebCAPE – Chinese, French, German, Italian, Russian or Spanish) can be taken on any mobile device, tablet, laptop, computer, etc.
The placement will only take between 5-20 minutes, depending on skill level. Placement cutoff scores are advisory, as all students should consult with an academic advisor or World Languages and Cultures faculty prior to self-enrolling in their first language course at Bowling Green State University. To complete the placement, please visit:
If you have computer-related questions, please contact ITS via live chat or the IT Service Desk at 419-372-0999. Technical/computer-related questions might include the following situations:
- You are not able to enter or locate the placement site.
- Your password is not functioning.
- Your computer system crashes during the placement.
- Placement assesment pages are not loading correctly, or parts of the directions are not visible.
- You do not receive a confirmation email to your BGSU email account within two days after submitting a placement assessment.
Updated: 10/20/2021 10:09AM