Information for School Districts
The success of our students and the CCP program would not be possible without the help and support of the local junior high and high schools.
|On-Campus/Online||Dual-Enrollment Option 1||Dual-Enrollment Option 2|
|For students enrolled in college class(es) on the BGSU campus or enrolled in on-line/web-based classes||High School teacher meets BGSU adjunct qualifications and teaches the course on the high school campus with oversight and mentoring provided by at BGSU faculty member.||*OPTION NO LONGER AVAILABLE* High school teacher does not meet adjunct qualifications, but is enrolled in a graduate degree/certificate program and BGSU faculty co-teaches via BGSU faculty recommended method of course delivery|
|2020-2021 Academic Year:|
$166.55 per credit hour+ Textbook costs
|2020-2021 Academic Year:|
State Floor Pricing
|Option no longer available|
Secondary (high school/district) schools are responsible for providing instructional tools ("books") for their CCP students.
The postsecondary institution must waive fees for these students and is also responsible for providing supplemental supplies required by the course syllabus.
A school district or nonpublic school may seek reimbursement from students/families under the following two circumstances:
1) If the student receives a failing grade at the end of the college course; or
2) If the student withdraws from or drops the college course subsequent to the 14th calendar day after the particular course began, unless the student is identified as being economically disadvantaged in accordance with Ohio Administrative Code 3333‐1‐65.6(B)(2).
Courses students are permitted to take:
- Ohio legislation requires students complete 15 credit hours of Level 1 courses before continuing to Level 2 courses. Further description of allowable courses can be found out Course Eligibility.
- BGSU courses found on the Ohio Transfer Model and CTAG are approved Level 1 courses: https://reports-cems.transfercredit.ohio.gov/pg_1
- Many CCP students enroll in BG Perspective, or general education, classes (as long as pre-requisites have been met) to complete the 15 hours of Level 1 course work. Exceptions may be made outside of the BG Perspectives and OTM approved courses is a class is fulfilling a 15 hour pathway or 30 hour pathway established by the high school.
- Level 1 Classes are:
- Level-1: 15-30 Hour Pathway
- 15-30 Hour BGSU Degree Pathway
- BGP Website
- CCP students may take classes that are open, provided all course prerequisites are met.
- Students interested in Music Performance should contact the Coordinator of Music Admissions at 419-372-8577 for information about auditions and placement.
Courses students are not permitted to take:
- You cannot take remedial classes.
- Certain courses are reserved for specific student populations; these are identified by including a letter at the end of the course number (example; SOC 1010A or SOC 1010H).
- Sectarian religion courses
- Physical Education courses
- Study Abroad
- Individual Music Lessons
*INFORMATION COMING SOON*
Faculty Mentoring for College Credit Plus Instructors
- Most College Credit Plus instructors are mentored by a BGSU faculty member
- BGSU’s Faculty Mentoring program ensures that high school teachers have the resources and professional support to thrive as CCP instructors
- Faculty Mentors collaborate proactively with CCP instructors to help them feel confident in delivering CCP classes
- Faculty Mentors help to ensure the college-level equivalency and rigor of CCP classes offered in the high school setting