Continuing Students Next Steps

Students who have already completed one or more BGSU course (whether it be online, on-campus, or at your high school) are considered to be continuing and do not need to be readmitted.

Schedule an advising appointment:

In order to register for classes, all students enrolling in a course on BGSU’s campus or online with BGSU must schedule an appointment to meet with their Academic Advisor. (Students enrolling in a BGSU course taught at their high school are not required to meet with an Academic Advisor)

  • Schedule online:
    • Log in to myBGSU and select the Navigate Icon.
    • Click Schedule an Appointment.
    • Select Service (my CCP Advisor, then CCP Continuing Online/At BGSU's Campus Student Appt).
    • Click Find Available Time and select preferred time.
    • Leave notes regarding your meeting concern. Please leave the best number to reach you if we need to call for your appointment.
    • Click Schedule.
  • Or by calling: 419-372-1537

Complete placements:

Placement tests are not required for admission to BGSU. However, some BGSU courses may require a placement assessment to determine the appropriate course level for each student. This generally applies to writing, math, or world languages. Discuss with your academic advisor if a course placement is needed.

CCP Placement Information

Delivery modes:

  • On-Campus: These are courses located physically on BGSU’s campus.
  • Online: Courses delivered via our online learning management system. These courses may be synchronous or asynchronous.
  • Dual-Enrollment: These are BGSU courses offered at the high school taught by a credentialed high school teacher. See our Partner Schools (link to partner schools page) to find out if your school offers BGSU courses or speak with your high school counselor.
  • Self-Pay: Students who are self-pay are financially responsible for full undergraduate tuition rates, books, supplies, and all associated costs and fees. These courses typically do not appear on the high school transcript and are for college credit only. Students may be self-pay for the following reasons (but are not limited to):
    • Home-school or private school student
    • Over 30 credit hours
    • CCP Option B public school student

Level 1 Courses:

Ohio legislation requires students complete 15 credit hours of Level 1 courses before continuing to Level 2 courses. Further description of allowable courses can be found at Course Eligibility. Once a student has completed 15 or more credit hours, students may enroll in any course they meet pre-requisites for that are allowable by the State.

Non-Allowable Courses:

  • Remedial courses
  • Courses are reserved for specific student populations; identifiable a letter at the end of the course number (example; SOC 1010A or SOC 1010H)
  • Sectarian religion courses
  • Physical education courses
  • Study abroad
  • Individual music lessons
  • Private instruction courses

Updated: 02/21/2024 09:57AM