New Student Next Steps
Welcome to BGSU's College Credit Plus program. Follow the information below for admission and next steps to get started.
Apply online and request high school counselor send your transcript to BGSU.
Admission Criteria for 2022-2023: Main Campus
- At least one full year of high school completed:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on high school transcript
- Less than a full year of high school completed:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on high school transcript (or B average on middle school grade card) and
- Remediation free scores on assesment testing (ACT, SAT or Accuplacer Reading) as determined by state eligibility criteria: CCP Student Eligibility Assessments
If you have not yet completed a full year of high school and need assessment testing to meet admission criteria, you may schedule an Accuplacer Reading Test with the Firelands Testing Center by calling 419-372-0743.
Accuplacer Reading will be remotely proctored and does not require you to come to campus. Please be sure to have a laptop or device that allows full audio and video via Zoom for your proctored session. There is no time limit on the Accuplacer Reading test but on average students will complete the test within 25-30 minutes.
Once admitted, students will receive an email with their next steps. This will include their personal BGSU ID# that will be used to set up a MyBGSU account online at: www.bgsu.edu/newaccount.
In order to register for classes, all students enrolling in a course on BGSU’s campus or online with BGSU must schedule an appointment to meet with their Academic Advisor.
Schedule by calling 419-372-1537 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Course placements are not required for admission to BGSU. However, some BGSU courses may require a placement assessment to determine the appropriate course level for each student. This generally applies to writing, math, or world languages. Discuss with your academic advisor if a course placement is needed.
Updated: 03/25/2022 09:56AM