The Spirit of BG Awards
BGSU functions daily on random acts of compassion, kindness, courage, expert help, extra effort, and caring toward our students and colleagues. These gestures, which build and strengthen our community, continue to be acknowledged, and the responsible individual recognized, by the presentation of the "Spirit of BG" award.
We all know when someone goes the extra mile to help; however, this person often goes about their day with little or no fanfare to acknowledge their "good works." Now you have the opportunity and means to thank that person.
Criteria and Eligibility
Any current full-time or part-time administrative staff member who is employed at BGSU or Firelands is eligible for the award.
The Administrative Staff Council wants to recognize, on a monthly basis, administrative staff employees who are caught showing "The Spirit of BG" as defined by any of the core values of BGSU. The Core Values to which the University adheres include:
- Intellectual and personal growth
- Creativity, innovation and entrepreneurism
- Diversity and inclusion
- Collaboration with each other and our partners
- Excellence in all we do
Presentation and Selection Information
Awards are given monthly during the academic year and consist of a check for $50, congratulations for colleagues and friends, and a certificate of appreciation.
Winners are announced approximately two weeks after deadline, the end of each month.
If you are a member of the University community (faculty, staff, student) you may nominate an employee for "The Spirit of BG Award". Complete this nomination form, providing a short summary as to why you feel this person is deserving of this award.
Nominations must be received by 5 p.m. the last day of the month to be considered for the following month's recognition.
- September – Jamie Wlosowicz, Center for Women and Gender Equity
- October – Julie Hamann, Firelands Instructional Media
- November – Karyn Smith, Recreation and Wellness
- December – Holly Cipriani, College Credit Plus Program
- January – Chad Fletcher, Information Technology Services
- February – Toni Gordon, Diversity and Belonging
- August - Paul Valdez, Center of Public Impact
- September - Kim Brooks, Undergraduate Education
- October - Michael Leopardo, Intercollegiate Athletics
- November - Claire Hoover, College of Education
- December - Kristi Peiffer, Design and Construction
- January - Michael Laurello, College of Musical Arts