Professional Development Grants
Apply for Administrative Staff Professional Development Grants!
The Professional Development Committee is responsible for distributing grant funding to administrative staff and also for arranging and conducting professional development sessions throughout the year for you.
Applications are now being accepted for funding of professional development experiences.
Applications must be received by 5 p.m. ET.
A Minimum of two grant scholarships per semester will be awarded. If little or no money is awarded, the money will be rolled-over and awarded during the following semester.
Grant Application Qualifications
Training requests that meet the following criteria will be given a higher funding priority:
- The training/conference/class must be associated with the overall mission and goals of BGSU and/or Administrative staff council.
- Application to this grant does not mean your request will be funded. Due to a limited budget, training that affects the largest number of people will be given higher priority. Employees who can demonstrate financial need will also receive higher priority.
- Researching other funding sources will enhance your request. Each individual may receive a MAXIMUM of $500 per year. However, the committee reserves the right to award less.
- Funding is not available for tuition premiums on executive-type classes.
- Staff may apply for grants in consecutive semesters, however, priority will be given to applicants not awarded funding during the past year.
- The committee reserves the right to award less than the requested amount to any applicant unless the applicant designates otherwise on the application form.
- Funds are disbursed through Human Resources to a recipient's department, and cannot be guaranteed by a particular date.
- Complete the Professional Developement Grant Application prior to 5 p.m. ET on the deadline.
- In the "Training Justification" section of the application, please address the following topics
- Explain how the training will it benefit BGSU. Will this impact be personal or community focused?
- How does this training align with Administrative Staff Council or BGSU goals?
- Does BGSU offer this training through Human Resources or some another method? Please describe how this training supplements the BGSU offering.
- Have you attended a similar training in the past? If so, how does this training increase your understanding of the field/topic?
- Email copies of supporting materials associated with the training event to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The committee may request additional information or justification from you, others affected by the potential training outcomes and your supervisor(s).
Updated: 07/08/2022 09:38AM