Skaters Code of Conduct
Assumption of Risk Agreement for Skaters and Spectators
Ice Skating/Public Skate
1. Pay at the Skate Rental Counter prior to entering the ice.
2. Read and abide by all posted signs and warnings and cooperate with the rink staff.
3. Children are not to be left unattended.
4. Refrain from carrying your children on the ice.
5. Refrain from sitting in the player’s bench and penalty boxes.
6. Refrain from using your cell phone while on the ice.
7. Maintain reasonable control of your course and speed at all times.
8. Maintain a proper lookout to avoid other skaters, objects, or conditions on the surface of the rink.
9. Accept responsibility for knowing the range of your ability.
10. Skate within the limits of that ability.
11. Skate appropriately to the session on which you are skating.
12. Refrain from skating while under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or other control impairing
13. Leave the surface when resurfacing maintenance is taking place and do not re-enter the rink
until signaled by an ice arena staff member.
14. NO food, drink, or tobacco is allowed on the rink surface or the surrounding dasher or caprail.
15. Refrain from acting in a manner that may cause or contribute to injury to you or other skaters or
a. NO Tag
b. NO Horseplay
c. NO Crack the Whip
d. NO Trains
e. NO Holding Hands
16. Refrain from throwing or leaving objects on the rink surface.
17. Refrain from instigating or becoming involved in any type of altercations with any other skater or
18. No abusive acts or language is permitted.
Assumption of Risk: By engaging in skating, skaters and spectators are deemed to have knowledge
of and assume the inherent risks of skating which includes, but is not limited to the following:
a. Injuries that result from collisions with other skaters or skate guards
b. Injuries that result from falls
c. Injuries that involve objects or artificial structures that are properly within the intended path of
travel of the skater.
Updated: 06/11/2018 01:36PM