ELIGIBILITY AND APPLICATION PROCESS
Depending on their program of study (and in consultation with their major advisor), ICS interns are eligible to register for up to three credit hours. With the approval of the ICS Director, students may be able to continue interning for a second semester. If they would prefer to do the internship without course credit, students may sign up for COOP 050, and the internship will still appear on their transcript.
Interns must have basic Microsoft Office skills; familiarity with Adobe Suite is desirable.
Please familiarize yourself with ICS before applying by reviewing our website: www.bgsu.edu/ics.
Application materials are due by Friday, April 2nd at 5:00pm. Please submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org the following documents:
- Include the names and contact information for at least two references (at least one of them should be a BGSU faculty member) who can speak to your academic and/or work experience
- Cover Letter, including:
- Your name
- Your major and year at BGSU
- Why you are interested in being an intern with ICS
- Indicate which internship track(s) (listed above) you are interested in applying for
- List any additional skills and interests that might be well suited to the internship (for example: accessibility, data analysis, audio production, the sky is the limit!)
- Relevant previous coursework, work, volunteer experience, internships, volunteerism, or research experience
Review of applications will begin immediately, with interviews to follow.
Questions should be emailed to ICS Director, Dr. Jolie Sheffer at email@example.com.