ICS Research Associates (External)
Research Associate Program
The ICS Research Associate position is meant to provide meaningful opportunities to independent scholars and allow them access to institutional knowledge, university databases, and other opportunities to continue and advance their work. Adjunct faculty, visiting scholars, and independent scholars may apply for these courtesy appointments with ICS. Recipients will serve in this position for one semester, with potential to continue for one academic year.
ICS is committed to increasing opportunities for scholars from BIPOC, disabled, first-generation, and other minoritized backgrounds. We strongly encourage scholars from underrepresented or marginalized communities to apply for this position.
Research Associates will receive access to the following:
- BGSU email address (coordinated through Information Technology Services)
- Access to BGSU libraries and online databases (coordinated with University Libraries)
- Access to an office in East Hall or elsewhere on campus (dependent upon availability, may be a shared workspace)
- Attending Faculty Fellows lectures
- Participating in Research Cluster meetings
- Presenting their research/creative work at an ICS-sponsored event
- Mentoring undergraduate interns, graduate assistants, and/or Student Research Award winners
- Participating in a BG Ideas podcast
- Partnering with a community organization on a project or program
To apply for this courtesy appointment, interested parties should submit the following to the ICS Director through firstname.lastname@example.org, who will share the applicant's materials with the ICS Executive Board for approval:
- Resume or CV
- Personal Statement (500 words max).
- This statement should provide a general overview of the applicant’s creative or research background, current project, and how it fits with the ICS mission, vision, and values.
- The statement should also clearly indicate a proposal for ICS activity during the term of appointment.
- Writing sample or sample of creative work (max 10 pages or equivalent)
Updated: 06/03/2022 01:44AM