Fall 2019 Registration Checklist
Once your registration time has begun, it continues through September 1, 2019. Check your MyBGSU (link to MyBGSU) Student Center beginning March 11, 2019 for the specific date/time you may begin to register for classes.
You should be preparing now so that when it is your turn to register, you are ready. Here are a few things you can do to make your registration go smoothly.
- Check your holds – There are numerous reasons why you may have a hold on your record that will prevent you from registering. Log into MyBGSU (link to MyBGSU) and select Student Center. Holds are located under the Search for Classes button. If a hold exists, please click on the link and read any messages that appear. If the hold indicates that your services have been suspended, please contact the department for further assistance.
- Advising – All new undergraduate students to BGSU for Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 have Mandatory Advising Holds on their student accounts, and must meet with their Academic Advisor prior to scheduling for Fall 2019. Once you have met with your advisor, either in a group or individual advising appointment, he or she will remove the Hold and you can register for classes. The name and contact information for your academic advisor can be found on the Student Center in MyBGSU (link to MyBGSU). Be prepared for your meeting: find out what classes are being offered and read the course descriptions. In addition to discussing the courses that you are interested in taking, be ready to talk with you advisor about your thoughts and interests for possible internships, co-ops, careers, etc.
- Degree Audit – What classes do you need? View your degree audit report to see how you are progressing and what classes are still needed in order to graduate. You can access your report by logging into MyBGSU (link to MyBGSU) and selecting Degree Audit. It would be beneficial if you print your report and take it with you when you meet with your academic advisor.
- Financial Preparations – See Financial Aid’s web page at: http://www.bgsu.edu/financial-aid.html
- Important Registration Dates – The Fall 2019 Academic Calendar can be viewed at http://www.bgsu.edu/registration-records/academic-calendars.html
- Schedule of Classes – Beginning March 11, 2019, view what classes are being offered for Fall 2019 at http://www.bgsu.edu/registration-records/courses-and-classes/class-course-information.html
- Browse Course Catalog – Provides descriptions to help you better target the courses you want to study; http://www.bgsu.edu/registration-records/courses-and-classes/class-course-information.html
- Problems Registering? – Additional registration information may be found at the Office of Registration and Records home page, http://www.bgsu.edu/registration-records.html or calling the Registration Hotline at 419-372-4444.
Last Updated: 2/7/19