New Student Class Registration
At BGSU, students are assigned an Academic and Career Planning Specialist as part of their journey of becoming a Falcon. Our specialists support you in achieving academic, personal and professional goals and work with you to develop an ongoing partnership prior to orientation to ensure this partnership continues throughout your time at the University.
Signing up for your Classes
Prior to your orientation date, you will receive communication from an Academic and Career Planning Specialist through your BGSU email address to gather more information and help build your class schedule. They will take into consideration information about your interests, goals, major requirements, previous college credit, placement exams and BG perspective requirements.
To prepare for this process, you should complete the following prior to orientation:
- Activate your BGSU email address to ensure you receive all academic planning communication.
- Send completed and in-progress college-level coursework including official transcripts and scores to the Office of Admissions, which may include College Credit Plus (CCP) courses and Advance Placement (AP) credit.
- Review and complete the Writing Placement.*
- Review, schedule and complete the Math Placement.*
- Sign your Financial Responsibility Agreement.
- Review the list of BG Perspective Courses to determine what you may find interesting to share when you receive outreach from our team.
*You should fully review the guidelines and requirements for taking the writing placement, math placement and any other placement test required for your program or major prior to scheduling or completing the placement. These placements should be completed prior to orientation by the specific deadlines included on each placement’s website link.
Please note: Course scheduling will happen both before and after your orientation date. There will be opportunities to connect with the Academic and Career Planning team at orientation through drop in hours and tabling.
After you complete your course selection...
Your full class schedule will be available in your MyBGSU account under “Classes” two weeks after you go through orientation. Once you review your full schedule, you can connect with a Specialist again if you have any questions or if you want to make changes. We also encourage you to continue to check your BGSU email throughout the summer for important information about academic planning drop-in hours and appointment scheduling.
You can located contact information for the Academic and Career Planning Specialists at MyBGSU account > Student Center > Advisors.
Updated: 02/17/2022 10:02AM