Thank you for choosing to join the BGSU family! University Orientation is critical step on your path to becoming a Falcon, and we look forward to helping you ease the transition into this next chapter in your academic journey.
When you attend Orientation, you will be connected with an Orientation Leader who will lead you through the day and will continue to be a resource for you. You will also have the opportunity to connect with current students, as well as staff members and get to know some of your new fellow Falcons.
Throughout the day, you will be provided opportunities to hear presentations that will help you prepare to be a student at BGSU, go on campus and residence hall tours and take care of important “to-do” list items such as:
- Finalizing your financial aid and billing
- Getting your BG1 card
- Meeting with an Academic Advisor and Planner about your class schedule
Every step of the way, we encourage you to ask questions – we’re here for you!
Students at Orientation can expect to:
- Meet with an Orientation Leader and connect with other incoming students
- Take a tour of campus and meet with an Academic Advisor and Planner
- Learn about campus resources
Families and guests at Orientation can expect to:
- Meet with staff from the Office of the Bursar and Student Financial Aid
- Hear from current BGSU faculty and staff
- Learn how to best support student success from home
Before you can sign up for your student orientation date, you first need to be admitted to BGSU. Check your application status and submit any missing credentials. Once you are admitted, follow these important steps to prepare for Orientation registration...
International students do not need to sign up for Orientation. You will receive more information from International Programs & Partnerships.
- Use the BGSU ID number on your Certificate of Admission from the Office of Admissions to set-up and activate your MyBGSU account.
- BGSU will use this email address to communicate important information to you, including information about Orientation and fall welcome events.
- Access the Falcon Forward First Year Success Canvas Shell (as soon as you receive the email invitation to join).
- Fall Orientation registration emails will be sent in early February.
- Spring Orientation registration emails will be sent in early November.
If you are admitted after the February or November communication is sent, you will be notified upon admission.
Please note: If you are an international student, you will attend the International Student Orientation. Please visit the International Programs and Partnerships website for more information.
- File the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) BGSU’s school code - 003018
- Make your payment for tuition or sign-up for a payment plan by logging in to MyBGSU > Student Center > Select My Account
- Please note, your spring bill will be issued on Dec. 1 and due on Jan. 1.
Questions? Visit Taking Care of Your Bill.
The Office of Admissions needs you to send the following documents as soon as possible. Most high schools and colleges will know how to do this:
- Final Transcripts
- College Transcripts (If applicable)
- AP Scores
- Freshmen (In-person Orientation): During orientation, you will meet with a staff member from the academic advising and planning team to work on your class schedule. Your appointment time will be given to you when you arrive at orientation. Meanwhile, please start submitting any completed college credit or AP scores to the BGSU Office of Admissions.
- Freshmen (Virtual Orientation): During virtual orientation, you will meet with a staff member from the academic advising and planning team to work on your class schedule. Your appointment time will be given to you at the start of your virtual orientation session. Meanwhile, please start submitting any completed college credit or AP scores to the BGSU Office of Admissions.
- Transfer Students: During orientation, you may have the opportunity to review on your class schedule with an academic advisor. Your advisor will work with you prior to orientation on your class schedule.
- Pathway Students: During orientation, you will meet with your Pathway team. Meanwhile, please start submitting any completed college credit or AP scores to the BGSU Office of Admissions.
- Any questions and/or concerns that arise after reviewing the advising information
- College transcripts that have not yet been turned in to the Office of Admissions
- A jacket or sweater
- One of the following forms of identification:
- Valid state-issued driver’s license with photo
- State-issued photo ID card
- Passport with photo
- Military ID card
- Hundreds of future BGSU students join our 'BGSU Incoming Class of 2024' Facebook Group every week. The group is exclusively for new and transfer students and worth creating a Facebook account for, if you don't have one already.
- Get to know other students before you move-in, find someone to create a room selection group with, get advice from your peers ... and more!
Registration will open in February for Fall Orientation and in November for Spring Orientation. When the system opens, you will need to log in to your MyBGSU > Orientation Reservations.
Fall Semester Orientation Dates
University Orientation registration for the fall semester will open on Feb. 1, 2024. Space is limited and will fill on a first-come, first-served basis.
May In-Person Orientations
- Thursday, May 23
- Tuesday, May 28
- Wednesday, May 29
- Friday, May 31
June In-Person Orientations
- Tuesday, June 4
- Wednesday, June 5
- Friday, June 7
- Saturday, June 8
- Monday, June 17
- Saturday, June 22
- Wednesday, June 26
- Thursday, June 27
June Virtual Orientation
- Friday, June 21 (Virtual)
As a transfer new student, you are welcome to register for any of the new student orientation dates, but the following dates are additional orientations we host just for you!
Transfer-Only In-Person Orientations
- Friday, May 10
- Tuesday, Aug. 20
Spring Semester Orientation Dates
Dates for spring orientation will be released in September 2024, registration will open in November 2024.
Updated: 02/01/2024 05:33PM