Required Orientation Modules
As a new student, you are required to complete modules as part of the BGSU multi-step orientation process that complement what you learn and experience during University Orientation.
The module series will be assigned to you after you attend orientation and you will be required to complete the series by the assigned deadline.
You will complete online modules that will teach you more about the BGSU community, help you discover resources and prepare you for success in and out of the classroom.
You will not be eligible to join a student organization until these modules are complete.
An email will be sent to your BGSU email account when each module series has been assigned, and additional reminders will be sent until each module has been completed.
Deadline: You no longer need to complete these modules. Information will discussed at Fall Welcome.
First-Year Falcon Module Series
Five modules need to be completed in this series to fulfill this requirement.
- Academics and Career
- Student Engagement
- Health and Well-being
- Campus Resources and Support
These five modules will serve as a tool to connect you with campus resources and equip you with the knowledge that will help you smoothly transition to life as a BGSU student.
Each module was intentionally designed to prepare you for your first semester at BGSU, so take your time through the material. You will also have access to these modules and videos throughout the first semester, so we hope you will continue to refer to them as a resource.
- Go to the online orientation portal > Student Login > Log in with your BGSU username and password.
- Once you are logged in, the system will go over additional steps for you to review.
- It will take approximately one hour to complete all five modules.
- The modules are completely mobile-friendly. There is also no software or downloads needed to participate.
- You can complete the online modules in several sessions, but you must complete one full module to save your progress.
Deadline: Modules will be assigned on Sept. 11. Complete by Sept. 22.
Post-Orientation Module Series
Two modules need to be completed in this series to fulfill this requirement.
- Voices for Change - Comprehensive
- Mental Well-Being
Please note: You will not see these modules when you log in until they have been assigned.Post-Orientation Module Series
- The Voices for Change - Comprehensive module includes education on alcohol and other drug prevention, consent and sexual violence prevention, bystander intervention, hazing and helping to create a sense of campus-wide belonging.
- The Mental Well-being module encourages you to use critical reflection to shift your perceptions about mental illness, healthy and unhealthy habits, as well as information about behaviors, prevention and intervention.
- Log in to the BGSU Bridge Portal with your BGSU username and password.
- On the portal homepage, you will see the module tiles listed for "Voices for Change - Comprehensive" and "Mental Well-Being." You will need to click on each of the tiles and complete the modules individually.
Updated: 09/11/2023 12:00AM