Required Orientation Modules
As a new student, you are required to complete two sets of modules as part of the BGSU multi-step orientation process that complement what you learn and experience during University Orientation.
The first module series will need to be completed before you attend University Orientation. The second modules series will be assigned to you after you attend orientation and you will be required to complete the series by the assigned deadline.
In total, you will complete seven online modules that will teach you more about the BGSU community, help you discover resources and prepare you for success in and out of the classroom.
You will not be eligible to join a student organization until these modules are complete.
An email will be sent to your BGSU email account when each module series has been assigned, and additional reminders will be sent until each module has been completed.
Deadline: Modules will be assigned in early May. Complete before your University Orientation date.
First-Year Falcon Module Series
Five modules need to be completed in this series to fulfill this requirement.
- Academics and Career
- Student Engagement
- Health and Well-being
- Campus Resources and Support
These five modules will serve as a tool to connect you with campus resources and equip you with the knowledge that will help you smoothly transition to life as a BGSU student.
Each module was intentionally designed to prepare you for your first semester at BGSU, so take your time through the material. You will also have access to these modules and videos throughout the first semester, so we hope you will continue to refer to them as a resource.
- Go to the online orientation portal > Student Login > Log in with your BGSU username and password.
- Once you are logged in, the system will go over additional steps for you to review.
- It will take approximately one hour to complete all five modules.
- The modules are completely mobile-friendly. There is also no software or downloads needed to participate.
- You can complete the online modules in several sessions, but you must complete one full module to save your progress.
The First-Year Falcon module series is supported by the Office of Orientation and Transitions and they are available between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday-Friday at 419-372-0353 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Modules will be assigned on July 10. Complete by Aug. 11.
Community of Care Module Series
Two modules need to be completed in this series to fulfill this requirement.
- Voices for Change - Comprehensive
- Mental Well-Being
Please note: You will not see these modules when you log in until they have been assigned.Community of Care Module Series
- The Voices for Change - Comprehensive module includes education on alcohol and other drug prevention, consent and sexual violence prevention, bystander intervention, and hazing and bullying.
- The Mental Well-being module encourages you to use critical reflection to shift your perceptions about mental illness, healthy and unhealthy habits, as well as information about behaviors, prevention and intervention.
- Log in to the BGSU Bridge Portal with your BGSU username and password.
- On the portal homepage, you will see the module tiles listed for "Voices for Change - Comprehensive" and "Mental Well-Being." You will need to click on each of the tiles and complete the modules individually.
The Community of Care module series is supported by the Dean of Students office and available to assist you between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday-Friday at 419-372-2843 or email@example.com.
Updated: 05/01/2023 03:51PM