Wurzburger Scholarship Application Information and FAQ
1. Wurzburger Memorial Scholarship for French Studies: For students who declare a French major, minor or applied minor, or a major in World Language Education in French. Renewable for up to four years as long as recipients reapply and continue to meet eligibility criteria.
- Incoming students must show exceptional academic performance, as evidenced by a minimum 3.00 high school GPA and have completed the level of French 4 in high school.
- Current BGSU students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 in French courses, a 3.0 GPA overall, and a major, double major, or minor in French .
- Residency or participation in the French Learning Community is a plus.
2. Wurzburger Memorial Scholarship for Education Abroad: For members of the French Learning Community to study abroad in a French-language program. This scholarship can be used during the summer, fall and/or spring semester while the student is enrolled in a French-language study abroad program. Non-renewable.
- Resident or participant in good standing of the French Learning Community -
Verification that student has applied and been selected to a French-language study abroad program. The number of scholarships awarded and the amount of each will be determined by the spendable balance each year. Recipients will be selected by the Chair of the Department of World Languages and Cultures.