Trio Summer Bridge Program
The TRIO Student Support Services Summer Bridge Program is a free early move-in option for a limited number of new first-year, first-generation students registered full-time at BGSU and applied to join TRIO Student Support Services (SSS). During SSS Summer Bridge, you will meet other SSS students, learn about campus resources and support services, be introduced to your TRIO advisor and discuss goals, time management, and study strategies tailored to meet your unique needs, participate in engaging activities, and much more! Space is limited. Sign up early to reserve your spot.
Students that participate in the TRIO SSS Summer Bridge program will be able to:
- Identify key staff in critical BGSU offices
- Explain how to effectively engage in the college community
- Describe the time management and self-organization needed to be successful in college versus high school
- Track their personal budget
- Locate and utilize advising and coaching assistance
- Pay NO additional fees (it’s free!)
- Move-in early
- Meet fellow TRIO SSS students
- Enjoy fun and educational activities
How to Register
Students who have applied to join TRIO SSS by the last day of SOAR may email Connie Disbro no later than July 31 to register for the summer program.
Students will be contacted about being selected for the summer program by Aug. 8.
Please note: in order to participate in the Summer Bridge Program, students will need to have their BGSU bursar bill paid in full or have their payment plan arranged and the first payment made at least one week in advance of the first day of Summer Bridge.
Students who have any questions can email Connie Disbro.