Summer Bridge Program
The TRIO Student Support Services Summer Bridge Program is a free early move-in option for a limited number of new first-year first-generation students that have registered full-time at BGSU and applied to join TRIO Student Support Services (SSS). During SSS Summer Bridge, you will meet other SSS students, learn about campus resources and support services, be introduced to your TRIO advisor and discuss goals, time management, and study strategies tailored to meet your unique needs, participate in engaging activities, and much more! Space is limited. Sign up early to reserve
2018 Summer Bridge Program Dates
Monday, August 20 to Thursday, August 23, 2018
Students that participate in the TRIO SSS Summer Bridge program will be able to:
- Identify key staff in critical BGSU offices
- Explain how to effectively engage in the college community
- Describe the time management and self-organization needed to be successful in college versus high school
- Track their personal budget
- Locate and utilize advising and coaching assistance
Other benefits include:
• Pay NO additional fees (it’s free!)
• Avoid main move-in day traffic
• Move into your own room early
• Meet fellow TRIO SSS students
• Enjoy fun and educational activities
If interested in joining the Summer Bridge program, students that have applied to join TRIO SSS by the last day of SOAR may contact Connie Disbro via email at email@example.com no later than July 31.
Students will be contacted about being selected for the Summer Bridge Program by August 8th.
Please note: in order to participate in the Summer Bridge Program, students will need to have their BGSU bursar bill paid in full or have their payment plan arranged and the first payment made at least one week in advance of the first day of Summer Bridge.