Educational Talent Search
What is the Educational Talent Search Program?
This program identifies and assists individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds who have the potential to succeed in higher education. The program provides academic, career, and financial counseling to its participants and encourages them to graduate from high school and continue on to the postsecondary institution of their choice. The goal of Educational Talent Search is to increase the number of youths from disadvantaged backgrounds who complete high school and enroll in postsecondary education institutions of their choice.
SERVICES AND ACTIVITIES PROVIDED:
- Academic advising on entry or reentry to secondary or postsecondary programs
- Career guidance
- Diagnostic assessment
- College campus visitations
- Assistance in completing college admission applications
- Personal counseling
- Assistance in completing student financial aid applications
- Workshops for parents and participants
- Educational Resource Center containing college catalogs and scholarship information
- Assistance with ACT applications
- GED enrollment assistance
- Academic and cultural programs and events
- Tutoring Services
A QUALIFYING PARTICIPANT IN GRADES SEVEN – TWELVE MUST:
- Be a potential first generation college student OR
- Have a family taxable income not exceeding 150% of the poverty level AND Be a resident of Toledo, Ohio OR
- Attend a school within the city limits of Toledo, Ohio
- The services and activities provided by the BGSU Educational Talent Search
- Programs are FREE.
- Parents and students who wish to apply for admission to the BGSU Educational Talent Search Program may do so by contacting their school counselor or the department office.
- The information provided on the program application is protected by the Privacy Act and will be used solely to determine program eligibility based on federal guidelines.