Apply for the Thompson Working Families Scholarship
The Thompson Working Families Scholarship is a need-based scholarship program focused on rewarding academic success and a commitment to service. The $5,500 Thompson Scholarship combined with BGSU’s match of $5,500 (which may adjust your current aid package) totals an $11,000 scholarship/year, which is renewable. In addition, each scholar in our program receives:
- One-on-one support from your scholarship advisor
- Group service events with other Thompson Scholars
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Social interaction and engagement opportunities
- Ongoing communication throughout the program
- Leadership opportunities
- Summer Link or One-Day Orientation Program to ease the transition to BGSU
Requirements for All Thompson Scholars
- Must maintain a 3.0+ cumulative GPA
- Maintain full-time status and earn 30+ hours a year
Attend scholarship orientation, advisor one-on-ones, large group and pod meetings to support your transition and success.
Scholars write one letter to Mr. and Mrs. Thompson at the start of your BGSU career and one at the end. We provide a template and suggestions on what to write.
To me, being a Thompson scholar has meant that I have been able to focus on my studies rather than stress about my financial situation. I have been blessed with so many amazing opportunities from the Thompson staff, a sense of belonging, and most of all the ability to attend college. This scholarship has allowed me to gain access to opportunities I would not have had otherwise. I will be graduating college with little debt and an amazing education all thanks to the opportunities this scholarship has provided me.
- Paige Emick (A2020 Cohort)
Updated: 01/04/2024 02:21PM