Thompson Scholarship Programs
Connect. Engage. Serve.
Robert and Ellen Thompson created the Thompson Working Families Scholarship program to help high-achieving Bowling Green State University students overcome barriers to higher education and make a difference in their communities. Recipients of this life-changing scholarship must meet financial need requirements, have achieved academically and be committed to continuing the Thompsons' incredible legacy of service.
The Thompson Scholarship Programs office provides holistic support for each recipient and serves as a springboard for growth by creating opportunities for students to connect, engage, and serve from the time they arrive at BGSU through graduation.
Thompson Scholarship Programs Goals
- Connect one-on-one with each Thompson Family Scholar, providing academic, personal and professional guidance and support
- Facilitate connection among scholars to create a positive and encouraging community focused on service and growth
- Engage scholars through social interaction and provide opportunities for personal and professional development in preparation for graduation and beyond
- Serve BGSU, the City of Bowling Green and surrounding communities through collaborative service projects connected to students’ values, interests and goals
- Cultivate a spirit of giving back among scholars to continue the legacy set by Mr. and Mrs. Thompson
Current Scholars at a Glance
Current Thompson Family Scholars
(2022-2023 Academic Year)
Cumulative Service Hours for 2021-22 Academic Year
Updated: 03/03/2023 04:43PM