Thompson Scholarship Programs
The mission of Thompson Scholarship Programs is to support recipients of the Thompson Scholarship for Working Families in their successful pursuit and completion of a college degree. Beyond the financial support of the scholarship, our scholarship program strives to provide holistic support for each recipient and to serve as a springboard for growth while creating opportunities to connect, engage, and serve from the time they arrive at BGSU through graduation.
The following goals are built into our mission:
- Connect one-on-one with each Thompson Family Scholar, providing academic, personal, and professional guidance and support.
- Facilitate connection among scholars to create a positive and encouraging community focused on service and growth.
- Engage scholars through social interaction and provide opportunities for personal and professional development in preparation for graduation and beyond.
- Serve BGSU, the City of Bowling Green, and surrounding communities through collaborative service projects connected to students’ values, interests, and goals.
- Cultivate a spirit of giving back among scholars to continue the legacy set by Mr. and Mrs. Thompson.