Domestic Students taking 8 or more credit hours on main campus will need to complete the Bowling Green State University Health Insurance Requirement each academic year. Students access the Health Insurance Requirement through their MyBGSU account.
The Online Student Health Insurance Waiver / Enrollment Process for fall/Annual 2018-2019 will be available in late-June
The deadline for students to complete the 2018 -2019 Waiver or Enrollment Process will be August 1, 2018
If a student loses other health insurance coverage and needs to enroll into the BGSU/ Aetna Student Health Plan at a time other than open enrollment, please contact our office for details.
To avoid automatic enrollment into the BGSU/Aetna Student Health Plan and to avoid paying the policy premium, students must complete the health insurance waiver prior to the posted deadline.
- If a student currently has adequate health insurance and they do not wish to purchase/enroll into the BGSU/Aetna Student Health Plan, a waiver must be submitted through the student's MyBGSU account before the posted Waiver/Enrollment deadline. Waivers must be submitted once each academic year.
- If a student does not have health insurance coverage, they will want to review the Aetna Student Health Plan details and cost listed within the Plan Information section of this website, then follow the instructions below to access and complete the online enrollment process.
How to Waive or Enroll The online waiver or enrollment process will be available late-June
Instructions for accessing the online waiver and enrollment system through your MYBGSU:
If you are under the age of 18, you will not have access to the online waiver process, please contact our office for assistance.
- Log into your MyBGSU student account
- Click on the Students Tab, located in the orange toolbar on the upper right hand side of your screen
- Select Financials within the drop down menu
- The Student Insurance Requirement link is located under the Financials Tab and will be displayed on the left hand side of your screen.
- Once you click on the Student Insurance Requirement Link, you will need to read and follow the steps to waive or enroll
- Once your waiver or enrollment is successfully completed, you will receive a confirmation page. Print this page for your records.
- Please email us if you have questions at email@example.com
Student Insurance Requirement reminders are posted to the student's MYBGSU "To Do" checklist and students are emailed reminders with instructions sent to their BGSU email account until they have completed this requirement.
To avoid automatic enrollment into the BGSU/Aetna Student Health Plan and to avoid paying the policy premium, students will need to waive the coverage by the posted deadline.
Waivers will need to be submitted once each academic year. Students: Please watch your BGSU Student Center within your MyBGSU for "To Do" checklist items. It is important to check your BGSU emails for reminders and information.