Involuntary Loss of Insurance Coverage
Examples of involuntary loss of insurance include, but are not limited to:
- Reaching an age where you are no longer eligible for benefits under a parent/guardian's plan
- Divorce, marriage or death of your parent/guardian or spouse
- Loss of employment or change in employer benefit eligibility
If you experience an involuntary loss of insurance coverage, you will need to request and complete all required documentation within 30 days of your loss of coverage in order to enroll into the BGSU/United Healthcare Student Insurance.
What we will need from you...
- Enrollment application which is available at the Student Insurance Office or by email request.
- Letter of creditable coverage from former insurance carrier stating the date coverage was lost.
- The Student Health Plan coverage will begin the date your prior coverage ended.
- The pro-rated insurance premium amount will need to be paid directly to BGSU/United Healthcare Student Insurance. Credit Card or Check payments are accepted.
- All documents must be completed and presented to the Student Insurance Office within 30 days of loss of prior coverage.
**Students must meet eligibility requirements to be eligible for the BGSU-offered Student Insurance Policy.
Please contact the Student Insurance Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for an enrollment application or for more information.