Involuntary Loss of Insurance Coverage
If you previously waived the BGSU Student Health Insurance Plan and experience an involuntary loss of health coverage, you are eligible to enroll into the BGSU Student Health Plan at a pro-rated amount.
Insurance Coverage & Cost
United Healthcare Student Resources' insurance plan is customized to offer the best coverage to our students at a competitive price. You can find the most recent rates, dates of coverage and more about the plan on the Student Health Plan Benefits and Cost web page.*
- The premium price will be pro-rated from the date coverage is lost.
- All applications for this type of enrollment must be submitted within 30 days of loss of coverage.
- The pro-rated premium amount will be paid directly to United Healthcare Student Resources.
- Credit card and check payments are accepted.
*Please note: in order to qualify for the University health plan, you must meet eligibility requirements that can be found on the Domestic Student Insurance and the International Student Insurance web pages.
How to Enroll if you Experience Involuntary Loss of Insurance Coverage
If you experience an involuntary loss of insurance coverage, you will need to request and complete all required documentation within 30 days of your loss of coverage in order to enroll into the BGSU/United Healthcare Student Insurance.
What we will need from you...
- Enrollment application which is available at the Student Insurance Office or by email request.
- Letter of creditable coverage from former insurance carrier stating the date coverage was lost.
- The Student Health Plan coverage will begin the date your prior coverage ended.
- The pro-rated insurance premium amount will need to be paid directly to BGSU/United Healthcare Student Insurance. Credit Card or Check payments are accepted.
- All documents must be completed and presented to the Student Insurance Office within 30 days of loss of prior coverage.
Please contact the Student Insurance Office at email@example.com for an enrollment application or for more information.
Updated: 07/06/2021 01:18PM