What is a Tuition Appeal Form?
As you review your student bill, you will see charges for things like tuition, on-campus housing, your meal plan, services, etc.
You might also see additional charges for late registration, adjusted refunds for dropped courses and excess credit fees.
If you see an additional charge related to your tuition, and you want someone to look it over for you or take an extenuating circumstance into consideration, you can file a Tuition Appeal.
What can be Considered for Appeal?
You can appeal additional charges related to your tuition. These include late registration fees, excess credit fees, or an adjusted refund percentage on a dropped course.
Appeals for monthly service charges or a refund associated with an official withdrawal due to medical or family issues can also be submitted through this form.
If you have concerns with a fee that is not related to tuition, please connect with the department that directly issued that fee. You can only file a tuition-related appeal through this form.
How do I complete a Tuition Appeal request?
If you are an active BGSU student, you can file the appeal following the process below. If you are no longer an active student, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Log in to the Tuition Appeal Form – You will need to log in with your MyBGSU credentials.
- After signing in, an email will be sent to your BGSU account from ‘BGSU Office of Registration and Records’ with an official link to submit your appeal.
- Open the email and click ‘Review and Sign.’
- You will then need to enter your BGSU email address > ‘Continue’ > ‘Company of School Account’ > ‘Login with My BGSU Credentials.’
- Once you are logged in to the system, you will need to complete the form and attach documentation (if applicable). Important: Do not attach any medical information. You will be contacted directly for any documentation if appealing due to a medical or family issue.
- Once you are satisfied with your appeal, click ‘Student Signature’ to electronically sign the document and then click ‘Click to Sign’ to officially submit your appeal.
Your submitted appeal will be sent to the Office of Registration and Records for review. You will be notified via email of your request’s status and if any additional information is needed.
Last Updated: 2/18/21