Information for Submitting Final Semester Grades
Submission of final semester grades using Faculty Center
- Quick Reference instructions for final semester grade submission using Faculty Center
- Please note the icons displayed above My Teaching Schedule are not live links, these are provided as a legend for your reference. To select a Grade Roster, select the appropriate icon in the column next to the class name.
Submission of Grades for Canvas users
- For faculty members who use Canvas, please follow the instructions provided above for entering grades using Faculty Center.
Items of interest for those submitting final semester grades
- Processing final semester grades in CSS is "real time". Final semester grades are available to students as soon as they are posted.
- Academic Standings will be available following the grade processing, which is completed the Wednesday after Finals week.
- Final semester grades need to be entered for every student on the Grade Roster.
- Once grades are posted, an instructor will need to obtain a Grade Change form from their college office and submit it with appropriate signatures to change a final grade. The exceptions to this are final grades of 'NGR', which can be changed with a signed memo from the instructor.
- For students on a Grade Roster who have not attended class or turned in work, Academic Policy states
- For Undergraduate Students: the student should be given the final grade of 'ATN'
- For Graduate Students: the student should be given a final grade of 'WF'
- In addition, Federal regulations regarding Student Financial Aid require you to report the student's last date of attendance
- This information is required and may be entered on the final grade roster.
Questions regarding the submission of grades may be directed to Records@bgsu.edu.
Return to Registration & Records Home Page
Last Updated: 12.22.17