Women in STEM
Empowering young women in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. Fostering confidence and inspiration.
Women in STEM Program
Tuesday, October 31, 2017
Women in STEM school registration is FULL for 2017. To be added to the first priority registration list for next year, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Girls in grades 6, 7, and 8 will be exposed to careers in the STEM fields through hands-on activities when they visit BGSU for our annual Women in STEM program.
8:30 - 9:00 a.m. – Schools Check-In
9:00 - 9:05 a.m. – Welcome
9:05 - 9:45 a.m. – Imagination Station
9:55 - 10:40 a.m. – Session 1
10:50 - 11:35 a.m. – Session 2/Lunch A
11:45 - 12:30 p.m. – Session 3/Lunch B
12:40 - 1:25 p.m. – Session 4
1:35 - 2:00 p.m. – Closing Activities
2:00 - 2:30 p.m. – Adjournment and Departure
Fee: (includes lunch)
- Students - $20
- Adults - $20
- Groups need to arrive by 8:30 am.
- Each school is limited to 20 students.
- Each group of students must be accompanied by a teacher or parent throughout the day (one adult per 10 students is recommended). No more than 4 adults per school.
- Adults and chaperones need to register and attend all sessions with students.
- Campus maps, parking permits, and additional information will be sent to the registered adults from each school.
Please note: There may be reptiles, including snakes at the hands-on activities.
Contact us at NWO@bgsu.edu with any questions!