Advancing science, technology, engineering, and mathematics education for people of all ages.
NWO focuses on three C’s – Connections, Communication, and Collaboration – to help expand and enhance STEM teaching and learning in our region. Click on boxes below to learn more.
- Connecting K-12 schools with STEM and STEM education professionals who are willing and qualified to provide consultation and conduct professional development on specific areas.
- Connecting K-12 schools with STEM education experts who are able to provide high-quality STEM programs and curricula.
- Utilizing the NWO STEM Resource Center website to connect Northwest Ohio preK-12 educators and schools with resources around the region that support and advance STEM teaching and learning.
- Monthly NWO STEM education e-newsletter sent to 9,000+ preK-16 educators in Northwest Ohio and around the state.
- NWO staff assistance by phone or email to preK-16 educators requiring effective STEM programming resources.
- Monthly teacher professional development series, annual NWO Symposium on STEM Teaching, and other public events designed to spread the value of STEM across Northwest Ohio.
- Assisting K-12 schools, institutions of higher education, and informal education and business partners in seeking funding and pursuing initiatives to enhance STEM education in Northwest Ohio.
- Connecting K-12 schools with institutions of higher education, informal education institutions, and business partners who can help meet specific STEM education needs.
- Providing evaluation services for NWO partners who have grant projects in STEM education.
- Working with K-16 schools to research effective practices and assessment in STEM teaching and learning.
If you are using a school email address, please make sure your tech coordinator allows emails from NWO [email@example.com] through all firewalls.
NWO gratefully acknowledges funding from the Ohio Board of Regents, the Ohio Department of Education, and the National Science Foundation. NWO also appreciates the valuable assistance of the Ohio STEM Learning Network (OSLN) in fostering collaboration throughout the State for optimizing STEM learning outcomes.
Use Adobe Acrobat To view PDF files
NWO serves 29 Counties in Northwest Ohio
Allen • Ashland • Auglaize • Crawford • Defiance • Erie • Fulton • Hancock • Hardin • Henry • Huron • Knox • Logan • Lorain • Lucas • Marion • Mercer • Morrow • Ottawa • Paulding • Putnam • Richland • Sandusky • Seneca • Shelby • Van Wert • Williams • Wood • Wyandot