The Lab Safety Program is responsible for safety and environmental compliance within research and teaching labs throughout BGSU facilities. Our focus is to provide proactive direction for labs with safety issues and to facilitate compliance. Environmental Health and Safety provides guidance to laboratory personnel at BGSU in the following areas: use, storage, and disposal of hazardous materials, development of specific operating procedures, waste minimization, and fume hood evaluations.
- Eyewash Station & Emergency Shower Weekly Activation Log
- Laboratory Emergency Signage
- Monthly Self Inspection Checklist
- Standard Operating Procedure
- Laboratory Closeout and Chemical Cleanout Procedures and Checklist
Laboratories or operations that generate biohazardous or infectious waste are required to follow the Bowling Green State University procedures to ensure safe use, generation, and disposal of such products. Additional support for research involving recombinant DNA can be directed to the Institutional Biosafety Committee in the Office of Research Compliance.