Service Animal Policy
Click this link to view BGSU's Service Animal and Assistance Animal Policy.
Service Animal and ESA exercise yard
Accessibility Services has a fenced in yard available to students with service dogs and emotional support animals. Please see the guidelines below:
- This yard is reserved for Service Dogs and Emotional Support Animals.
- This yard is reserved for BGSU students.
- Nothing may be hung on the trees as they are young trees. Please help them grow.
- Animals must be monitored at all times; they must never be left alone.
- Students may be taking exams therefore excessive noise will not be permitted as extreme vocalizing would be distracting.
- Animals must be up to date with their vaccinations and parasite free.
- Be sure to clean up after the animal and dispose of it in the proper receptacle.
- If the yard is in use upon your arrival, you must be granted permission prior to entering with your animal. Not all animals or people are comfortable with other animals.
- If your animal is not a Service Dog or an Emotional Support Animal but you are a BGSU student, you may still use this yard until such time as it is too busy to continue to honor this request.
- Enjoy and let us know of any problem in the yard or with the equipment.
Click to print the Guidelines Agreement Form. Please submit the completed form to Accessibility Services.